The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3120
Original post by Dalek1099
Unit 1s?I have AQA New Specification Biology,Chemistry and Physics and I had to go into school today,for Chemistry and I'm in Thursday and Friday as well.

Are you doing your biology next tuesday? I am. But im doing it for the old specification.
Reply 3121
Original post by akipid
Are you doing your biology next tuesday? I am. But im doing it for the old specification.

I'm doing it as well, on the new spec. So stressed as revision isn't going very well...
Who's doing the edexcel history exam on the 12th of june?
Anyone doing AQA history- Medicine through time next Tuesday?
Original post by Alix23
I'm doing it as well, on the new spec. So stressed as revision isn't going very well...

I'm doing the exam as well and on one the mocks I did at home,which wasn't the most professorial-I got 84(A),which isn't very good and I have got 90(A*),real mock and 93(A*).unprofessional mock, for Chemistry because I really want an A* and I think I should be able to get an A in Core Science,without too much bother but the gap between an A and an A* is big and I need to fill it somehow.
Original post by izpenguin
Anyone doing AQA history- Medicine through time next Tuesday?

Me! I'm starting to dislike history now, really boring trying remember Lister, Fleming, Hippocrates, Galen, the Romans, aqueducts...etc

It's getting in the way of my science revision :l
Original post by themancunian
Me! I'm starting to dislike history now, really boring trying remember Lister, Fleming, Hippocrates, Galen, the Romans, aqueducts...etc

It's getting in the way of my science revision :l

Same!
I really ought to be revising right now, but I'm getting so bored of it.
And I've got exams in biology & chemistry coming up as well.
How many exams do people have left? I've got two next Thursday and Friday :unimpressed:
Original post by -sunlight-
How many exams do people have left? I've got two next Thursday and Friday :unimpressed:

I have 3 left... 2 maths ones :biggrin: YES!!! And Geography :frown: Monday Wednesday and Thursday ! -.-
Original post by shadab786ahmed
I have 3 left... 2 maths ones :biggrin: YES!!! And Geography :frown: Monday Wednesday and Thursday ! -.-

Good luck! When's your Geography exam? Mine's on Thursday :frown:
Good luck! When's your Geography exam? Mine's on Thursday :frown:

Same! Which exam board are you with? I'm with WJEC -.-
Can someone please explain to me what a BTec is? They're not offered at my school and none of my siblings ever did any so I've never heard of them until I joined this forum :s-smilie:
Same! Which exam board are you with? I'm with WJEC -.-

Same! I'm doing Unit 1 (Themes 1 + 2), how about you?
Same! I'm doing Unit 1 (Themes 1 + 2), how about you?

I'm doing spec B so we cover:
Hydrology
Climate Change
Tectonic Plates
Population
Globalisation
Original post by Pabblethefish
Can someone please explain to me what a BTec is? They're not offered at my school and none of my siblings ever did any so I've never heard of them until I joined this forum :s-smilie:

BTECs are basically just qualifications that involve doing just coursework, and no exams. You can get Distinction*, Distinction, Merit or Pass (Distinction* being the highest grade) :smile:

History 12th, Biology 20th, Chemistry 25th :frown:
Getting bored of revision!
(edited 11 years ago)
I'm doing spec B so we cover:
Hydrology
Climate Change
Tectonic Plates
Population
Globalisation

Yeah, same here! Revising for it is being an absolute train wreck right now, I've got about 20 chapters of my student book to cover before the exam and I'm nowhere near finished!

It's a level two qualification (generally) and so it's worth A*-C depending on whether you get a:
Distinction A*
Merit B
Pass C

There are no exams involved just coursework, but you can't pass the course unless you pass every single module. They're also worth two GCSEs but they're not well publicised. I wouldn't take one if I were to make the choice. :smile:
Original post by izpenguin
History 12th, Biology 20th, Chemistry 25th :frown:

Aw, good luck! :frown: I've got my History exam next Friday! Do you only have to collect those results in August or have you done others?

Nothing of any consequence. They're advertised as being worth 2 GCSEs. They're not :colonhash:

Latest