The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Question and Answer Thread

Scroll to see replies

Are there nice areas to have picnics? Are picnics a big thing at Lancs? or does it rain too often?
(Random question, just can't think of a better one :P)
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
At the moment the weather is gorgeous and there's plenty of grassy areas for picnics. The previous two terms are really wet though and windy and not ideal picnic weather. :p: Nothing stopping you but you'd be a bit damp afterwards hahaha.
Its very popular to have BBQ's on the grass near the duck pond, me and my friends had a great one last summer, sat there all day playing football/frisbe and had a nice bbq going :smile:

Hopefully after exams are over I will be doing the same :smile:
LittleMiss
Its very popular to have BBQ's on the grass near the duck pond, me and my friends had a great one last summer, sat there all day playing football/frisbe and had a nice bbq going :smile:

Hopefully after exams are over I will be doing the same :smile:

Gonna be doing exactly that tomorrow :smile:
Lucky you! I will be spending the day with my head in a book trying to revise for my finals :frown:

Must rather be having a bbq, although its not very sunny out there it is warm
Reply 145
today looks like it will be a good day for bbq's - im gonna be down at the rugby pitches all day with one!
Reply 146
Sounds nice!!! I want a BBQ :frown:
whats the best things about either cartmel or pendle colleges? and do either have a comman room? i cant decide between the 2 :redface:
Reply 148
Cartmel is a bit out on a limb and no one really goes there.
Pendle is a bit more central - has a tv room and two storey bar area.
Best thing about Cartmel is the rooms, worst thing is the bar is dead. However, yes it does have a common room, but I think I've only ever been in there once... and it was rubbish.
Reply 150
Beigel
Cartmel is a bit out on a limb and no one really goes there.
Pendle is a bit more central - has a tv room and two storey bar area.

woo 2 storey bar area!:smile:
ill be going to pendle then! :biggrin: sounds so much better
Retardchar
Best thing about Cartmel is the rooms, worst thing is the bar is dead. However, yes it does have a common room, but I think I've only ever been in there once... and it was rubbish.

It has a common room?? First I knew about it!! Haha, shows you how good it is!
emmathe37th
It has a common room?? First I knew about it!! Haha, shows you how good it is!

Yeah, I know, haha. It's that room just off the bar, you know where all the pool tables and stuff are. Apparently that's the common room. Like I said, been in there once. :p:
ems33
woo 2 storey bar area!:smile:

i rekon that would be bad, think about it, blind drunk, and on the top story, ahh stairs!!!!!!
Reply 155
philip67
i rekon that would be bad, think about it, blind drunk, and on the top story, ahh stairs!!!!!!

haha. believe it or not, i can control myself:wink:
ems33
haha. believe it or not, i can control myself:wink:

i don't belive it!
Reply 157
philip67
i don't belive it!

rude
Retardchar
Yeah, I know, haha. It's that room just off the bar, you know where all the pool tables and stuff are. Apparently that's the common room. Like I said, been in there once. :p:

Ohhhh, the JCR room?? Which would stand for Junior Common Rooom...yeah, that makes sense... Stoopid Emma.
Reply 159
Feedback
Here's next year's term dates:

Academic Year 2006-2007

Michaelmas Term:

6 October 2006 to 15 December 2006

Lent Term:

12 January 2007 to 23 March 2007

Summer Term:

20 April 2007 to 29 June 2007

Intro week is the week before so it'll start on the 1st October or something. When I went to uni I was working full time until the day I went - I just chucked all my stuff in the car and went! Although I only lived just under 2 hours away so it didn't matter too much if I forgot the odd thing.

What does registering involve on the 1st/2nd October?
Its weird how timetables start on a Friday ... do we get them when we register?

Ems x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending