The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster University Applicant Thread 2024

Hello everyone, welcome to the official discussion thread for students considering applying to @Lancaster University for 2024 entry! You can chat with other applicants, and see if you can find someone who could be applying to the same course as you <3! Also, let us know what A Levels you are taking and why you want to apply to this uni!! :smile:
(edited 8 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emm4nuella
Hello everyone, welcome to the official discussion thread for students considering applying to @Lancaster University for 2024 entry! You can chat with other applicants, and see if you can find someone who could be applying to the same course as you <3! Also, let us know what A Levels you are taking and why you want to apply to this uni!! :smile:

for me, i am doing Psychology Sociology and Spanish - and i want to study linguistics :smile:
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
for me, i am doing Psychology Sociology and Spanish - and i want to study linguistics :smile:

Hi @emm4nuella

It's great to hear that you're considering Lancaster! I know a couple of linguistics students who've really enjoyed the course so far. If you have any questions about your application or life at Lancaster, feel free to ask :smile:

Nellie (Lancaster Student Ambassador)
Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador
Hi @emm4nuella

It's great to hear that you're considering Lancaster! I know a couple of linguistics students who've really enjoyed the course so far. If you have any questions about your application or life at Lancaster, feel free to ask :smile:

great - thank you <3!!
Reply 4
Hi guys does anyone know the content for gateway to medicine year?
Original post by sara222
Hi guys does anyone know the content for gateway to medicine year?

Hi @sara222

The gateway year is designed as a stepping stone between A levels and first year. Students will cover 15 modules, including Anatomy and Tissue Structure; Genetics; Hormones and Development; Infection and Immunity, and Human Physiology.

Hope this helps!

hello, i study Alevel business, economics and sociology and i want to study marketing and managment at lancaster
Reply 7
Hi!
I study a-level history, geography and English lit/lang and I want to study history at uni :smile:
Original post by stargirl28
hello, i study Alevel business, economics and sociology and i want to study marketing and managment at lancaster

Original post by IvyEl8
Hi!
I study a-level history, geography and English lit/lang and I want to study history at uni :smile:

Hi @stargirl28 & @IvyEl8 [br] [br] These sound like very interesting courses. Best of luck with your A Levels. There are a few student ambassadors here on TSR so feel free to ask any questions you may have and we will get back to you asap.

Tineke
Lancaster Student Ambassador

I’m predicted A*AB and my GCSEs are 765555433, do you think I could be offered a place
I’m predicted A*AB and my GCSEs are 765555433, do you think I could be offered a place

If you get AAB or higher and you got a 7, 6, or 5 on English Language GCSE then you would be able to get in.

-Kao (Lancaster Maths & Stats Student Ambassador)
(edited 7 months ago)

I am applying for Mechatronics Engineering and Mechanical engineering at Lancaster for 2024 entry, anyone else applying for these? I finished my A Levels in 2022, these two years in between I have been flight training (My end goal is to be an airline pilot).
Daughter is already a 4th year Grizedale particle physics student at Lancaster, and is wanting to apply for her phd here as well as the northwest area for 2024 :smile:
Her alevels she took was physics, maths, further maths and chemistry and joined when it was the covid year of 2020.
Reply 13
I'm interested in Lancaster and my A-levels are: Chinese, Mathematics, Computer Science, Russian, and an AS in EPQ (about linguistics).
I'm applying for Linguistics too!

Hello Emmanuella. I live Ghana and I would like to apply for 2024. How I apply while seeking a fully funded scholarship. I would like to pursue Nursing and some basic course in business management and leadership
Original post by abrarchaudhry18
I am applying for Mechatronics Engineering and Mechanical engineering at Lancaster for 2024 entry, anyone else applying for these? I finished my A Levels in 2022, these two years in between I have been flight training (My end goal is to be an airline pilot).

Hi @abrarchaudhry18 [br] [br] A career as a pilot sounds awesome. Best of luck with your application. If you have any questions about studying at Lancaster feel free to let us know!

Tineke
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by Ghostlady
Daughter is already a 4th year Grizedale particle physics student at Lancaster, and is wanting to apply for her phd here as well as the northwest area for 2024 :smile:
Her alevels she took was physics, maths, further maths and chemistry and joined when it was the covid year of 2020.

Hi @Ghostlady

Nice to hear from you on here again. I am currently studying for a physics PhD at Lancaster. If your daughter wants any advice let me know :smile:

Tineke
Original post by kijeta
I'm interested in Lancaster and my A-levels are: Chinese, Mathematics, Computer Science, Russian, and an AS in EPQ (about linguistics).
I'm applying for Linguistics too!

Hi @kijeta

That’s great to hear that you’re applying to Lancaster. Best of luck! If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Tineke
Original post by AbdulSidik
Hello Emmanuella. I live Ghana and I would like to apply for 2024. How I apply while seeking a fully funded scholarship. I would like to pursue Nursing and some basic course in business management and leadership

Hello my parents are from Ghana :biggrin:!
Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador
Hi @Ghostlady

Nice to hear from you on here again. I am currently studying for a physics PhD at Lancaster. If your daughter wants any advice let me know :smile:

Tineke

Thanks :smile: shes currently finishing of her literature review so will be getting that sorted before she applies :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending