The Student Room Group

Dissertation title help!!

Hi.
I am in dire need of a strong dissertation title/topic. I am in my third year studying politics and I know I want to write my politics dissertation with connection to sport.

My most preferable title would be-
Have the Olympics developed into a political tool rather than a showcase for the world's elite sporting talent (?) and to what extent will this statement be relevant to the upcoming 2012 British Olympics.

However I realise this may be too broad and not specific enough.
Any ideas/help would be much appreciated.
Thanks
"The impact of Conservatism on an already unstable economy" would be interesting.
Reply 2
I keep getting my title kicked back too:frown: I might not be the best person to listen to.
Yours does seem long though...

Suppose specifying a time frame is an obvious way of tightening it up. i.e. "Has X affected Y since Z?"

If you think you'll be able to answer it using your sources.
Reply 3
Maybe you can change it to 'A political tool or a showcase for sporting talent? The 2012 Olympics.'

So you've narrowed your focus to one specific thing but you can still mention previous olympics within your dissertation. You'll no doubt need a chapter which looks at how previous olympics worked and you can talk about how it has developed in your conclusion. (That should make sense - sorry if it doesn't :tongue:)

Just worded a little better than that obviously...(I can't think straight today :tongue:)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending