The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by secretmessages
Odd that you say that :p: Do you remember the old Mobile Computing subforum or was it before your time? It must've been a year or two ago, we just renamed the subforum to what it is currently because so many people didn't understand that laptops were covered under it. So it probably won't be being renamed back to that any time soon, but we may change the forum title to include tablets. Officially, tablet threads should be in there now and I do move them when I see them :smile:

It's good, I like it. Especially how it all syncs with my desktop - passwords, tabs, bookmarks etc. Perhaps a bit slow but that might just be down to my ageing 3GS. I didn't actually watch the keynote so I have no idea :p:

I have no objections to this.
Original post by Mad Vlad
I have no objections to this.

Are you able to do it with your new (old) superpowers?
Fall back to the shadows.
Original post by Chrosson
Are you able to do it with your new (old) superpowers?

Only admin can change forum names, as far as I know.
I'm going to wait until the reviews for the Nexus 7 come out before deciding whether to buy it. Although every opinion differs, the reviews generally give a good indication of the devices capabilities - it's strengths and weaknesses.
Chrome for iOS :sexface:

Apart from the fact that Apple won't let you set it as your default browser.
Original post by Konflict
I'm going to wait until the reviews for the Nexus 7 come out before deciding whether to buy it. Although every opinion differs, the reviews generally give a good indication of the devices capabilities - it's strengths and weaknesses.

All initial reports and reviews I've seen so far have been very favourable, although I couldn't imagine Google putting the Nexus name to anything that wasn't a quality machine anyway.
Original post by wizard710

What do you expect tbh :p:
Reply 2628

You can do it if you're jailbroken (yeah I know it should come stock and all that :tongue:)

What do you expect tbh :p:

Are you jailbroken, out of interest? :tongue:
Original post by ak137
Are you jailbroken, out of interest? :tongue:

Not anymore, though I used to be. It was slowing everything down, and my phone is already old/slow enough as it is :nopity:
Reply 2630
Not anymore, though I used to be. It was slowing everything down, and my phone is already old/slow enough as it is :nopity:

Ah fair enough :smile:

Isn't that like not allowed, just like how Microsoft were forced to give users a choice of browsers with the machines that come with Windows pre-installed, seems like double standard ¬¬
Reply 2632

I have chrome set as my default browser on my macbook pro.. :rolleyes:
Reply 2633
Original post by G8D
When did Apple put iOS on Macs? :smile:

Ah oops. I read it out of context. :giggle:

:hide:
Original post by Iqbal007
Isn't that like not allowed, just like how Microsoft were forced to give users a choice of browsers with the machines that come with Windows pre-installed, seems like double standard ¬¬

Was that a ruling based on being able to make other browsers the default browser, or just being able to install/use them?
I think it was more to do with freedom of choice, as they were automatically given IE without any choice as many don't know about other browsers. But that default browser thing should apply, restricts a bit of choice as it's effort in some ways
Reply 2636
Just found out I'm gonna get some unexpected money coming my way this week. The toys, oh the toys I'm gonna get...

First up, Nexus 7 16GB. Curry's are doing it the 16GB for £189 delivered on pre-order.
Reply 2637
Original post by SMed
Just found out I'm gonna get some unexpected money coming my way this week. The toys, oh the toys I'm gonna get...

First up, Nexus 7 16GB. Curry's are doing it the 16GB for £189 delivered on pre-order.

Any discount for the 8GB model on pre-order?
Original post by SMed

Currys also have 5% cashback on all sub-£200 tablets if you go through quidco. I hear you can get referral links to it if you aren't signed up already :ninja:
Original post by ak137
Any discount for the 8GB model on pre-order?

8GB is exclusive to Google Play for the time being unfortunately.

Latest

Trending

Trending