The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by secretmessages
The Internet War has begun, tbh :sigh:

Kerching! for me.
Reply 541
According to CNET, "Megaupload is amassing a team of crack copyright lawyers" I cannot wait for the outcome of this case.
Does anybody have any idea on how Paypal's exchange rates work? I might be shipping something over from America and can only get it to display US pricing, which is annoying because I only want to transfer the exact quantity into my paypal account.
Original post by Mad Vlad

Kerching! for me.

:holmes:?
Reply 544
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Why not pay directly instead of transferring into your Paypal account? It will automatically convert the money when it charges your bank account or debit card.

In any case, perhaps try changing your primary currency under 'My Money > Currencies'?

I usually google paypal exchange rates, and one of the top listings is a calculator on paypal telling you the price in £
Original post by mikeyd85

Original post by mikeyd85
Yeah... And I can't for the life of me remember where it was that had a really, really good set of examples for this... Agh!

I think it was something like the Energiser Advanced range that came out on top.

The Lithium ones? Thanks :biggrin:
Original post by + polarity -
The Lithium ones? Thanks :biggrin:

Yeah, that sounds about right. :smile:
Kerching! for me.

And me :smug: if only I had an InfoSec job given that I'm waiting on my final MSc results :ashamed:

Looks like more skiddie DDoS nonsense anyway :colonhash:
Original post by ch0llima
And me :smug: if only I had an InfoSec job given that I'm waiting on my final MSc results :ashamed:

Looks like more skiddie DDoS nonsense anyway :colonhash:

:five:

How do you think you've done?

Got any employment opportunities lined up?
So Loughborough's Learn portal was hacked this afternoon by (allegedly) a 14 year old.

They found a flaw on the website, then took it down to make a point. They fixed it with in about 2 hours after being taken down.
Original post by Wednesday Bass
So Loughborough's Learn portal was hacked this afternoon by (allegedly) a 14 year old.

They found a flaw on the website, then took it down to make a point. They fixed it with in about 2 hours after being taken down.

Fail.

One of my lecturers (a part time self-employed security consultant) filled us full of confidence when he told us in a lecture that his company's website got hacked the previous night. It became a very long running joke. :rofl:

He suspected that it was one of the students in that module but he never had any evidence. :tongue: Those pesky "ethical" hacking students...

Do these headphones look good or make you look like a tool in public? :pierre:
I really want a pair of wireless (bluetooth) headphones which look good and sound reasonable. I would opt for brands like Sennheiser, Audio Technica and Grado but being able to tell between the audio quality disparities between various headphones seems akin to the art of wine tasting.

There are wireless earphones but being small, wireless and £270, I don't fancy losing them.

They look fine, but from what I can find around the interwebs calling the sound quality "fine" is about as far as you can stretch it. Still, in a world polluted by Beats I wouldn't look at that pair twice, although I'm personally content to walk around with a pair with sticky-out bits that clamp the cups to my head, so I might not really be the best guy to take advice from :ahee:

That is incredibly tempting. If nothing else then to just sell it on through eBay...
Must be a misprice? :holmes:

Original post by G8D
pretty sure it is. Nothing to lose though.

Have you ordered one?
Original post by secretmessages
Must be a misprice? :holmes:

Original post by G8D
pretty sure it is. Nothing to lose though.

Scroll to the bottom, you have to sign up to their credit card and purchase the phone on. Still, a very tempting deal otherwise. Really kicking myself for being an early adopter of the Lumia, prices have fallen through the floor since December :\
Reply 556
How is the sound leakage and noise cancelling on those? Can you have them at a decent volume without everybody in the immediate vicinity hearing them / you hearing noise outside of the music?

They look really good from the various video reviews as well. The small thick roundness of it takes some getting used to it, it seems. Don't want the big ones though, too big and bulky for anything other than home usage. The first ones seem nice for outdoor/library/university/train usage.

Are you not tempted by a pair of in ears?
Reply 557
Have several good pairs already. :pierre:

But they are not wireless or comfy.

Fair enough. I'm actually looking to buy some myself at the moment, I'm unsure how much I want to spend but would be willing to go up to ~£80, maybe more. Could you recommend any?
I'm very good, thanks. Beyond stressed with work, but hopefully that'll get a lot better in the next month or so :smile:

Do you mind me asking where you work?

Original post by ch0llima
I haven't paid it too much attention in the past, but I'm looking into Android development a bit more seriously. Actually pretty impressed by the SDK so far :yes:
I've just picked up java so I can learn the theory behind it and then I'm going to restart android dev :smile:

Original post by G8D
Is there any way to change/mod the logon screen on W7?
I'm still using Alex's script for logon/lock so I see the screen a reasonable amount. I don't see the point in setting an account picture because it's pointless (...) and the screen is pretty ugly as it is. Is there any way to change it to a more... "big" text/typographic styled thing?
Likely an awful description. Soz.

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/window-on-windows/change-and-customize-windows-7s-logon-screen-wallpaper/2135
Original post by wizard710
Do you mind me asking where you work?

I've just picked up java so I can learn the theory behind it and then I'm going to restart android dev :smile:

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/window-on-windows/change-and-customize-windows-7s-logon-screen-wallpaper/2135

At the moment, I work for RS Components in a warehouse management role, but I've got a new job lined up for the end of next month.

Latest

Trending

Trending