The Student Room Group

bf shaving hair off

ok, I know this may sound like im really superficial and stuff but im not honestly, my boyfriend is threatening to shave his head and i know it wouldnt suit him. I dont want to be a controlling girlfriend so i was wondering if anyone had any ideas of how I could put him off. I know some guys look great with their hair shaved but I just know it really wouldnt suit him and dont know how to tell him without sounding really harsh. any help would be gratefully appreciated, thanks.
shave his head
....got a bit worried then thought you were going to say shave his head off!!

anyway advice.....hummm well if hes keen on getin it done then its not a lot you can do to be honest. you never know you might like it....if he is getting it done tel him to go the barbers. my brother got a friend to do it for him and it was a right mess.
Hair grows back. :rolleyes:
Why not get a picture of a hairstyle you like and show it to him, suggesting it will look better than a bald head!!!
Reply 4
Just show him a pic of a shave off that's gone spectacularly wrong!
Reply 5
thanks, i was worried i'd get loads of replies telling me i should love him whatever. how did i make a picture of him with a bald head, tried it on paint, it didnt go well!
Reply 6
I think you're allowed to tell him that.

My ex was always better at judging what would and wouldn't look better on me than I am, and she was almost always right. If she'd have told me a shaved head reeeeeeeally wouldn't suit me I'd probably have listened..... I think...
Reply 7
kittykat_17
ok, I know this may sound like im really superficial and stuff but im not honestly, my boyfriend is threatening to shave his head and i know it wouldnt suit him. I dont want to be a controlling girlfriend so i was wondering if anyone had any ideas of how I could put him off. I know some guys look great with their hair shaved but I just know it really wouldnt suit him and dont know how to tell him without sounding really harsh. any help would be gratefully appreciated, thanks.

i'm guessing you pair aren't like uber chavs or anything, so just use that as an isult... 'so you want to go skinhead and look like a chav?.. i won't be seen with you if you do that matey!'

meh i don't know..

tell him if he does it, you will do the same! hahaha!
Reply 8
when my ex said he wanted to get it done, i told him if he shaved his head i'd shave mine. Stopped him in his tracks :smile:
Reply 9
grace
when my ex said he wanted to get it done, i told him if he shaved his head i'd shave mine. Stopped him in his tracks :smile:

told you :P hehe..

great minds think alike.
Yeah, I threatened to shave my hair off too. That worked pretty well!

Latest