A .
Original post by paul272
thanks but why does time period half when length is decrease by 4 times

T=2πlgT = 2 \pi \sqrt{\frac{l}{g}} so TlT \propto \sqrt{l}
Original post by paul272

Because T^2 is proportional to l
Reply 383
Good luck to everyone for tomorrow and to me (I hope wishing yourself luck still works, I'm going to need some :tongue:).
Original post by paul272

T = 2pi x root(l/g), as 2pi and g are constants the only value that can change is l. as it involves a root l must be divided by 2^2 rather than 2 in order for T to be divided by 2.
Reply 385
Original post by skibur
it cant be just me thats found the AS -> A2 jump ridiculously hard?

No dont worry, ive found it ridiculously hard as well :frown:
Really bricking it for this one.. compared to unit 1 and 2 this is hell. The only good thing is that the grade boundaries have been low for the past 4 years.. from 48-50/75 for an A, so you can get full marks in the written part and skip the whole multiple choice and still get an A!
Original post by tuckaa
V=ED is the electric field strength x distance separation giving you the voltage

W=QV is the potential energy = charge x electric potential

So the 'vs' represent different things so you cant.

But if the field is uniform, aren't voltage and potential interchangeable? :s-smilie: Because both voltage and potential have the unit JC-1?
Reply 388
Original post by LookIt'sPete
I would love no 6 markers at all :biggrin:

that would just be a dream come true :biggrin: but very unlikely to happen :frown:
Reply 389
Im wondering for the circular motion of a charged particle in a magnetic field, do you use the Right hand rule?

So the MOTION is acting towards the centre of the circle
Current is acting as velocity / what direction it is spinning in
and Field is vertically up / down?
Reply 390
Original post by robthefool
Really bricking it for this one.. compared to unit 1 and 2 this is hell. The only good thing is that the grade boundaries have been low for the past 4 years.. from 48-50/75 for an A, so you can get full marks in the written part and skip the whole multiple choice and still get an A!

Yeah I know, the best grade that ive got so far in the past papers is a D so really worried :frown: when I first took physics I was really good at it and wanted an A overall, but that just seems like a joke now
Original post by npaul4
Yeah I know, the best grade that ive got so far in the past papers is a D so really worried :frown: when I first took physics I was really good at it and wanted an A overall, but that just seems like a joke now

Yeah I know.. At GCSE I was getting As and A*s easily but now it is just a joke! A B is probably the best I can get.. but I have also been getting low marks on past papers... really do not like unit 4 at all
Is Unit 5 any easier? :frown: I need to get a B this year and I can't even get a good C on Unit 4. :frown:
Reply 393
Yeah I know.. At GCSE I was getting As and A*s easily but now it is just a joke! A B is probably the best I can get.. but I have also been getting low marks on past papers... really do not like unit 4 at all

I think what makes it worse, is that everyone else seems to understand it all :frown: makes me feel like an idiot despite getting reasonably good as grades physics
Reply 394
Original post by laughingbagel
Is Unit 5 any easier? :frown: I need to get a B this year and I can't even get a good C on Unit 4. :frown:

I guess it depends on what optional topic you do but my teacher said that unit 4 is definately harder than unit 5 so im kinda relying on that lol
Original post by npaul4
I think what makes it worse, is that everyone else seems to understand it all :frown: makes me feel like an idiot despite getting reasonably good as grades physics

Yeah, I just do not like the topics at all! They are not interesting.. And yeah I did ok with AS physics but I have to do well because I need a B overall.. I don't understand the magnetic topics as much so I'm tempted to just revise extra hard for the other topics to get as many marks as possible there
Original post by Accalia

Original post by Accalia
Good luck to everyone for tomorrow and to me (I hope wishing yourself luck still works, I'm going to need some :tongue:).

Thanks, good luck to you as well
Reply 397
Yeah, I just do not like the topics at all! They are not interesting.. And yeah I did ok with AS physics but I have to do well because I need a B overall.. I don't understand the magnetic topics as much so I'm tempted to just revise extra hard for the other topics to get as many marks as possible there

Same! I really want to do Astro Physics for the optional topic next unit for that reason as it will be soooooo much more interesting and then I might actually be able to motivate myself to revise :tongue: I need a B as well, looks like im going to have to resit this unit
Original post by Andogoran
Im wondering for the circular motion of a charged particle in a magnetic field, do you use the Right hand rule?

So the MOTION is acting towards the centre of the circle
Current is acting as velocity / what direction it is spinning in
and Field is vertically up / down?

I must admit I wasn't sure but I checked the trusty (or not so) book and the diagram in there conforms to the right hand rule yes. EDIT: that's wrong the diagram in the book is confusing, it is the Left hand rule

Remember right hand rule is for generators (i.e. mechanical to electrical energy)

and Left hand rule for motors (electrical to mechanical)
but yeah cyclotron didn't really fit at least in my estimation into either of those.
(edited 12 years ago)
The ONE thing I cannot be dealing with is a six marker on potential... i would die =/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending