The Student Room Group

AQA A Physics Unit 4 24th Jan 2012

Scroll to see replies

6800ohms anyone? Got 15ms too?
Original post by Tozza_Mazza
Yeah, the bungee questions weren't pleasant. It asked about where the stress was greatest (I said top as Tension acts there), and at the greatest amplitude, as educated guesses.

The Last question (6 marker) and the 2 mark question after screwed me right over. I'd never seen a set up like it.

I know why the EMF was induced and mentioned lenz's law, but didn't see how it was relevant to moving the ring, so mentioned F=BIL from the iron rod must be equal to the weight of the ring.

One of my friends's said something about the rod having a natural frequency (lambda/2 is the length of the rod). Angry that it's not in the textbook, and was not taught this.

For the 2 marker I said ring moves up, because dphi/dt was increased, but that was a guess and probably wrong. Could be looking at low-mid 50's for this paper, hope I don't have to resit, as I've put so much work in to Physics this year, and need an A for uni.

For the tension question I think it was at the top begause the string has a weight so at the top it has the tension of the string plus that of the student, as opposed to the bottom where it is just the student. My maths teacher was going through this the other week as Ive just done M1, which seemed particularlt helpful on this test.
Original post by matthew769

haha just kidding :biggrin:

So much win. :biggrin: :ahee:

Instead of horse power they put a student on a bungee rope. ffs AQA test people on what they are meant to learn. ****ers
Reply 783
Original post by 66310346671011
Doesn't matter as long as you showed correction direction and that it was straight + curved around the edge.

yeah but i did it wrong and cant remeber how many marks it was so would be interested to know what i lost
Original post by Benniboi1
for the electric field question i drew it wrong so i crossed the whole thing out and drew it next to where the diagram was and labelled the +3 top plate and the +1 bottom plate, will they accept that?

anyone? :smile:
anyone got the paper? Major fail...:frown:
Original post by Wisham
I don't really understand the point of it though. They include like 10 marks worth of questions on random stuff, but totally leave out Momentum and Circular motion, which are actually on the syllabus and people have revised them for nothing.

I agree lol I never saw the point of A2 modules being synoptic.. waste of time revising for things that don't come up and I'm sure the OCR Biologists or any ocr exam taker will agree.

And for the plate fields question, one mark for direction, one mark for straight lines and one mark for curved aroudn the edge I believe.

direction should be from bottom to up, just realise I made another STUPID ERROR FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 787
Original post by Msd27
I did :smile: and got the question paper shall i post them up?

:O Could you put the paper up please?
Original post by potten
yeah but i did it wrong and cant remeber how many marks it was so would be interested to know what i lost

It was worth 2 marks
Reply 789
Original post by NoFunnyBusiness
6800ohms anyone? Got 15ms too?

.. I did, but others think different =/
I agree lol I never saw the point of A2 modules being synoptic.. waste of time revising for things that don't come up and I'm sure the OCR Biologists or any ocr exam taker will agree.

And for the plate fields question, one mark for direction, one mark for straight lines and one mark for curved aroudn the edge I believe.

should be that, can someone confirm what direction it was? I put the exact same as the diagram above, charge for top have was +3.0C, bottom plate with +1.0C, I think direction should be bottom to up

i think it was a 2 mark question :smile:

should be that, can someone confirm what direction it was? I put the exact same as the diagram above, charge for top have was +3.0C, bottom plate with +1.0C, I think direction should be bottom to up

Top to bottom is right i think because it's the direction that unit positive charge would follow

.....so away from the most positively charged plate
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Onique
.. I did, but others think different =/

Multiple choice easy, written fine, until the amplitude question when bam I lost all hope and it went downhill badly from there
Reply 793
Original post by Benniboi1
i think it was a 2 mark question :smile:

It was a 2 mark question but both plates were positive? Does this make a difference
Original post by Rammiejimjams
Top to bottom is right i think because it's the direction that unit positive charge would follow

You mean the conventional direction? That's what I put but I thought you'd have to show the path of the electron
What did people get for the lamps question?
I got 5 but my friend got 3 as he said you have to use current over root 2 as its AC... is that right??
Reply 796
What did anyone put for the reasons why the bungee was not in SHM above a point.

Was it to do with acceleration not being proportional to displacement?
Original post by physics1234567
I got 5 but my friend got 3 as he said you have to use current over root 2 as its AC... is that right??

5 according to the past few posts.

Original post by no1_titch
What did anyone put for the reasons why the bungee was not in SHM above a point.

I put that aswell, everyone I talked to afterwards put something along those lines but some put something else abuot restoring force..
Reply 798
Original post by no1_titch

That's what I put because the conditions for SHM are

accel is proportional to displacement
And
Accel is in opposite direction.

Above point P these two wouldn't apply, that's what I put anyway with more detail.
Original post by physics1234567

I think they are confusing AC with RMS.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending