The Student Room Group

AQA A Physics Unit 4 24th Jan 2012

Scroll to see replies

Surely current should have been obtained by using the gradient as the question before asked what the gradient was representing...
Original post by Machoo
Yeah, I think the answer is that because the bungee no longer has tension, the girl is moving (accelerating and displacing) due to gravity and she is in freefall and therefore the acceleration is no longer proportional to the displacement so she is no longer in SHM.

EXACTLY what I put :biggrin:
Original post by maths134
Surely current should have been obtained by using the gradient as the question before asked what the gradient was representing...

They gave us everything needed for V = IR tbh...
Original post by Benniboi1
it was D, that it explains how different factors affect the force of gravity between objects (such as mass and distance between them)

Thank god someone else said that. After reading people's ideas on here I started to think the first question said 'which is incorrect' but I'm almost certain it said which is correct.
Original post by Reminisce
They gave us everything needed for V = IR tbh...

EXACTLY what I put :biggrin:

Also agree with both of these.
Reply 985
This maybe stupid but for multi choice what was the answer to th elastic collision one? was it 0 for the initial moving ball and v for the initial stationary one?

Also for the "which one of these can't be a unit for E?" was it the 2nd option, the really long one?

If these are right then I'm good for 25 :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by hassi94
Thank god someone else said that. After reading people's ideas on here I started to think the first question said 'which is incorrect' but I'm almost certain it said which is correct.

Yeah same, I put A then when I checked it, I thought: "origins... that's an odd phrasing" then decided that it was incorrect and put D
Original post by hassi94
Also agree with both of these.

What did you get for your current btw? And I agree with your multi choice answer the the Shm bit.
Original post by Drex
This maybe stupid but for multi choice what was the answer to th elastic collision one? was is 0 for the initial moving ball and v for the initial stationary one?

Also for the "which one of these can't be a unit for E?" was it the 2nd option, the really long one?

Agree on first but your second point...

Weren't there two options: JC-1m-1 and JCm-1?

I remember the first one being A and the second being D and I deduced that one of them must be wrong and I thought its D.
Reply 989
Original post by Drex
This maybe stupid but for multi choice what was the answer to th elastic collision one? was it 0 for the initial moving ball and v for the initial stationary one?

I put 0 and V
can't remember the others.
Reply 990

I remember the first one being A and the second being D and I deduced that one of them must be wrong and I thought its D.

Yeah so I got the 2nd one wrong, only one I had to guess and I narrowed it down to B or D. Ah well..

The answer to the unit one was B or C as A and D were definitely possible. I think I put C
The answer to the unit one was B or C as A and D were definitely possible. I think I put C

I remember the two options I put here being there and the second one is definitely wrong... I swear it was option D though.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 993

C was definitely possible that was the one I worked out. It was the one with newtons in it i think
What did you get for your current btw? And I agree with your multi choice answer the the Shm bit.

Can't honestly remember, I just feel like I used data in the question if I remember correctly.

and I also put D I believe (if memory serves me correctly :tongue:). Just simple dimensional analysis really, changed formulas around to give each of those units and the only one I couldn't get was D I think. It was JCm-1 I think. Wikipedia says " kg·m·s−3·A−1" is standard SI. jC-1m-1 must be right as it is NC^-1, and Newtons = joules per metre.
I remember the two options I put here being there and the second one is definitely wrong... I swear it was option D tough.

Original post by Drex
C was definitely possible that was the one I worked out. It was the one with newtons in it i think

Original post by hassi94
Can't honestly remember, I just feel like I used data in the question if I remember correctly.

and I also put D I believe (if memory serves me correctly :tongue:). Just simple dimensional analysis really, changed formulas around to give each of those units and the only one I couldn't get was D I think. It was JCm-1 I think. Wikipedia says " kg·m·s−3·A−1" is standard SI. jC-1m-1 must be right as it is NC^-1, and Newtons = joules per metre.

I think I put B then. I thought D worked hmm..
And ah ok I used the gradient

Well JC1m1JC^{-1}m^{-1} definitely works, therefore JCm1JCm^{-1} must be the wrong answer.

EDIT: By wrong answer I mean the one they were looking for, so the right answer :wink: :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)

In fact I may be thinking of a different question. For the question I believe you're talking about (finding the maximum current) I did certainly use the gradient (near the origin). I thought for that question it said 'use the graph to show' I remember vividly because my teacher stresses crazily about 'use the graph' questions and I remembered his voice when I saw it haha.
Original post by hassi94
In fact I may be thinking of a different question. For the question I believe you're talking about (finding the maximum current) I did certainly use the gradient (near the origin). I thought for that question it said 'use the graph to show' I remember vividly because my teacher stresses crazily about 'use the graph' questions and I remembered his voice when I saw it haha.

Ah good. Yeh. Tbh the exam was so so for me... I got most of part B I think apart from the 6 marker, llast question and proving amplitude was 25 lol
Yeah, my memory of the Physics paper is past its sell-by date and every answer seems to be coalescing into one so I'll go back to Chem revision... Had fun discussing and gl to anyone else with exams coming :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending