The Student Room Group

OCR Psychology G544 (approaches and research methods) - 27th Jan 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
I did the intelligence and achievement, and I thought the social approach questions were just perfection :smile: really nice exam thanks OCR lots of love your new best friend mwah xoxo
Completely forgot to write about the ordinal data! I forgot what it was, my teacher hasnt really taught us the different types of data :/
But I chose the intelligence and achievement too and did an IQ test ^^
Original post by seventwoseven
What did everyone choose for the correlation? I chose intelligence's relationship with academic achievement because they seemed easy to measure, unlike aggression and etc!

I chose the same thing as you. the 19 mark question was easy for me and did every 3 mark question except for the participant bias. For Section B which i came to first it was a big big shock for me. I was like cursing myself, but eventually i did the experiments and talked about; Beck et al, Milgram, Bandura, Watson & Raynor, McGrath et al, Piliavin, Freud and Thigpen & Cleckley
Reply 163
Experiments, I preferred my chances :smile: also because I was keen to do the 'psychology as a science' question because I'd spent so long revising debates!
You?

I did social, just because i only revised for approaches lol, but ethnocentrism did get me
Reply 164
Haha, it looks like everyone chose question e on section A and most chose social for section B. I'm so glad social came up :biggrin: although not so glad about the ethnocentrism bit...
Original post by Jojo_555
I am so glad social came up in this exam :biggrin:
tho im kind of gutted that individual differences didn't, social is my favourite approach :colondollar:

In section A, i chose the intellegence vs acedemic acheivement one....and i made them do a IQ test. Is that right? :s-smilie:
I screwed up on that variable bias thingy.....i think i wrote they were students, and cuz i used an opportunity sample in which i approached them in the morning they mabe the same type of people i.e. those who are more punctual and williing to study so may have better acedemic grades therefore it is biased. :confused::confused::confused: is that wrong? FAIL!

Oh and does anyone know whether you will get marked down for not including A2 studies? :confused:

Haha, sounds like you wrote almost exactly what I put! I didn't really understand the variable bias so I said because they were students (I did grades and IQ test correlation) that they'd probably have good grades. Also I didn't use any A2 studies, I've been told that's fine.

As far as grade boundaries go... isn't it 80% (64 out of 80) for an A, 70% (56 out of 80) for a B and 60% (48 out of 80) for a C?
Not certain but I think that's it
Reply 166
Haha, sounds like you wrote almost exactly what I put! I didn't really understand the variable bias so I said because they were students (I did grades and IQ test correlation) that they'd probably have good grades. Also I didn't use any A2 studies, I've been told that's fine.

As far as grade boundaries go... isn't it 80% (64 out of 80) for an A, 70% (56 out of 80) for a B and 60% (48 out of 80) for a C?
Not certain but I think that's it

OMG! lol that's what i did, IQ and grades, variables bias....well i said they were students and because i used an opportunity sample, i could end up with a really bias overachieving groups, since my grades were based on the subjects they chose and each subject in reality is marked differently. Anyways, i think i screwed up my participant variables bias question. Oh well, life goes on :cool:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 167
@seventwoseven: we shouldn't get marked down since it's not compulsory to use A2 studies, but it would be good. I didn't include any, mainly because i forgot :smile:
Reply 168
Think i heard some of my class cry when Indiviual Differences wasn't on, our teachers filled our heads house it was 90% likely to be on, so of course that's all they revised. Idiots.
Reply 169
Original post by Dimyan
Think i heard some of my class cry when Indiviual Differences wasn't on, our teachers filled our heads house it was 90% likely to be on, so of course that's all they revised. Idiots.

it was the same with our class, i think everyone was more shocked on section A when correlations came up. I think about everyone revised for observations. :smile:
Reply 170
Original post by sasha165
it was the same with our class, i think everyone was more shocked on section A when correlations came up. I think about everyone revised for observations. :smile:

To be fair i almost had a nervous brakedown when i saw correlations, but i left it untill after i'd finished section B and i managed to do quite well i think.
Reply 171
Thinking back to the exam I think I 'briefly outlined' the situational side of the situation/individual debate instead of the social approach :'(

I know they're similar but now i'm doubting myself urghhh
Reply 172
:frown: I wish I could say that's fine but... I think you're right, it wasn't your day today! :frown: It happens to everyone sometimes :/
how did you say you plotted your scattergram with one participant?

I can't even explain how i plotted it, hopefully section B can bring up my section A, usually i do better in section A...ur right it just wasn't my day...
What did people get? I got a C, really disappointed because I thought the exam had gone really well. Usually I think it went **** and get a B, so... :/
SO SHOCKED! I got 75UMS which is a B, I thought this was one of the exams I'd have to retake.
Reply 175
Considering the circumstances (I hadn’t revised anything that came up) I’m fairly happy. I got a B, so I’ll have to resit if I’m to get the A* I want, but luckily I did good in all my other exams so this will be the only one I’m resitting :smile:

Well done to everyone who got what they wanted and commiserations to those who didn’t.
Reply 176
I got 95 UMS points, so an A :biggrin:
Reply 177
I got an A (85 ums) but does anyone know where to find the UMS grade boundaries!? I really want to know if it was just into an A
Original post by 123emily
I got an A (85 ums) but does anyone know where to find the UMS grade boundaries!? I really want to know if it was just into an A

80 is an A so you were half way between A and A* :smile:
Reply 179
Original post by Cryptorchid306
80 is an A so you were half way between A and A* :smile:

Ah wow, thank you :smile: So was 90 an a* then? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending