The Student Room Group

I just sat yr 12 jan exams, it went horrible

So basically, as the title suggests, i didn't gang bang the year 12 jan exams. The exams gang banged me.

In 2023, i missed the whole of December as my grandma got ill, so my family and i went to Bangladesh. Had a fun time, saw my grandma recover, blah blah blah.
I knew i had exams in January. However, no matter how much i tried to revise, I just couldn't.

So i left it to when i return back to england, which obviously didn't work out as i was so busy with new yrs parties from all my diff aunties, my mum's errands and fun days out my mum planned with my fam.

Clearly ****, right?
So I had bio first, fell asleep when revising, amazing start, and woke up the next day.
Love tht for me. Obviously, i tried my best (answered every question, but i think even getting a C - which i usually get Cs or Bs is out of the question).

Next I had a day to revise psychology, started off strong with social influence but then i realised wat i was doing (which was effective) took too much time so i sat down to memorise my notes. Didnt work out as by that time, it was 2am and i was dead tired. So i went to sleep, my goddamn alarm didnt work again, so i messed up.
Sat the psychology exam, i think i did good on social influence and memory BUT research methods i clearly fumbled as remember how i said i wasnt in for dec? Yeah they decided they wanted to cover research methods in December.
So because of my own fault, i missed the lessons and didnt have a clue wat the qs were asking me. I winged it, and honestly i dont see any chances of me getting above a D.

I got chem left but i got 2 days to revise for tht so imma clearly take it srsly as if these results r gonna be shown to my asian mum during parents evening, im gonna get beats when i go home if i dont get at least one good grade (A/B).

So im rly scared cuz everyone is saying these Jan exams r rly important because if u get bad, ppl got kicked off apparently last yr (10 students).
My friends all said its just lies and they'll probably give me warnings and my chem teacher said I'd be fine but im still scared.
Honestly idk why im even writing this, probs cuz i wanna get other's input on this and what you would do. Im contemplating going to each teacher individually and explaining my situation (which they already know of) or if i should just pray i can either re-sit psych and bio or get off with a warning.

Obviously learned my lesson, will start revising properly doe.
Reply 1
Original post by limbobimbo
So basically, as the title suggests, i didn't gang bang the year 12 jan exams. The exams gang banged me.

In 2023, i missed the whole of December as my grandma got ill, so my family and i went to Bangladesh. Had a fun time, saw my grandma recover, blah blah blah.
I knew i had exams in January. However, no matter how much i tried to revise, I just couldn't.

So i left it to when i return back to england, which obviously didn't work out as i was so busy with new yrs parties from all my diff aunties, my mum's errands and fun days out my mum planned with my fam.

Clearly ****, right?
So I had bio first, fell asleep when revising, amazing start, and woke up the next day.
Love tht for me. Obviously, i tried my best (answered every question, but i think even getting a C - which i usually get Cs or Bs is out of the question).

Next I had a day to revise psychology, started off strong with social influence but then i realised wat i was doing (which was effective) took too much time so i sat down to memorise my notes. Didnt work out as by that time, it was 2am and i was dead tired. So i went to sleep, my goddamn alarm didnt work again, so i messed up.
Sat the psychology exam, i think i did good on social influence and memory BUT research methods i clearly fumbled as remember how i said i wasnt in for dec? Yeah they decided they wanted to cover research methods in December.
So because of my own fault, i missed the lessons and didnt have a clue wat the qs were asking me. I winged it, and honestly i dont see any chances of me getting above a D.

I got chem left but i got 2 days to revise for tht so imma clearly take it srsly as if these results r gonna be shown to my asian mum during parents evening, im gonna get beats when i go home if i dont get at least one good grade (A/B).

So im rly scared cuz everyone is saying these Jan exams r rly important because if u get bad, ppl got kicked off apparently last yr (10 students).
My friends all said its just lies and they'll probably give me warnings and my chem teacher said I'd be fine but im still scared.
Honestly idk why im even writing this, probs cuz i wanna get other's input on this and what you would do. Im contemplating going to each teacher individually and explaining my situation (which they already know of) or if i should just pray i can either re-sit psych and bio or get off with a warning.

Obviously learned my lesson, will start revising properly doe.

ive got jan mocks next week, and i know what its like to have something come up because a week before my actual gcse's i had a horrible time. they should understand and tbh the teachers should have sent out the lessons to you for research methods cause they knew you wernt gonna be in and if your family is gonna go away then you cant just be left at home alone and you hjave to go with them. I think your gonna have to deal with the results but bc the teachers know your circumstances they have no right tbh to kick you off the course cause it isnt fair. plus my teachers are saying although the exams are important they arnt like gonna ruin your life if you fail these but for the next set try your hardest, try your hardest in lesson and catch up on everything you missed (ask freinds for notes, go to teachers after lesson ext). plus the chem test try get the best you can on it so it evens out and shows you did try but didnt get enough support in a way. idk abt resits but going to each teacher indivisually is a good start.it should be fine

Quick Reply

Latest