The Student Room Group

Prof. Brian Cox is a lunatic. *Proof*

Cox is considered an iconic leader in modern physics although he achieved a mediocre grade D in A level Mathematics as quoted from the Guardian:
when he discovered Duran Duran and then a wider world of music and ended up with a grade D in his maths A-level.

He later received his degree from a rather lacklustre institution: The University of Manchester and has worked at CERN and other cutting edge Physics institutions. However while such success must be credited, I find it disturbing that his increased popularity has elevated him into nothing more than an impressionable imp. This guy is overrated.

This leaves one questioning how he managed to scrape his way to fame today; hard work perhaps? Or do his imposing aesthetic looks appeal to today’s generation of synthetic women who flock in their thousands to view his diluted lectures? Whatever the case may be, the integrity of Science is threatened by Cox and his minions. They attempt to recreate Science, rather than tell it for what it really is; something which Cox himself cannot fully grasp.

Cox’s roguish appearance may charm some but if you’re seeking to explore Science in greater depth then for the sake of your academia steer well clear of him.

It’s also ironic that the BBC seems to employ Cox to increase carbon emissions in his shows, when they themselves advocate climate change. I fail to see the logic in this. Cox has been seen walking across vast deserts of the Sahara by day, and star gazing in Hawaii by night. I wonder how he travelled from A to B? We’ll let Cox’s impressive mathematical skills answer that I think; though his shows do seem to emphasise pretty sunsets rather than the Science itself, unlike reputable Horizon documentaries that stick to the Science solely.

Isn’t it shocking how his low academic calibre resulted in him becoming a Physicist?

PROOF THAT THE GUYS A NUTJOB

Reply 1
I never really figured him to be an exceptional physicist, but he's like the public face of physics, which I don't think is a bad thing. He's bringing physics to the masses, in a watered down form of course, but it might still get people interested in taking it further.
Whatever the case, and I'm being genuinely serious as I literally only just joined this site to type this..... your jealous, whether or not he is portraying the subject in the manner in which you would prefer, clearly millions of people have watched him talk about amazing things and find it fascinating enough to watch again and again.

If this were not the case then surely he would not have been able to make them?? And the video you posted whilst being vaguely amusing does illustrate that his tone of voice and the pace at which he speaks could do with a little tune up.... its easy to grasp doesn't become filled with millions of words you've never heard of and is exactly why he's become so famous in my opinion.

:smile:
I don't really like Physics but I liked a few of his BBC2 shows.
I can't be the only female to find his appearence just slightly annoying surely?
Original post by SummerJasmin
I can't be the only female to find his appearence just slightly annoying surely?

i doubt it, he's got slightly broken versions of Angelina Jolies lips and the parting of a guilty looking priest! but i stand by my point, although the "millions of billions of kazzoobagajillions" over and over whilst emphasising his point do take up a rather large amount of time of the shows lol
He's certainly nothing special physicist wise. Not a visionary, genius or similar. But he brings physics to the people in a way they can digest i suppose. Not a fan but not critical either.
Original post by SummerJasmin

No, I don't find him physical appealing in the slightest.

Original post by Thebestgod
Cox is considered an iconic leader in modern physics although he achieved a mediocre grade D in A level Mathematics as quoted from the Guardian:
when he discovered Duran Duran and then a wider world of music and ended up with a grade D in his maths A-level.

I love this quote because I love Duran Duran and ended up with a D in A Level Maths! Which article is it from??
so he didnt put the effort in when he was younger - doesnt make him an idiot.
Original post by flyingturtle
i doubt it, he's got slightly broken versions of Angelina Jolies lips and the parting of a guilty looking priest! but i stand by my point, although the "millions of billions of kazzoobagajillions" over and over whilst emphasising his point do take up a rather large amount of time of the shows lol

I've never actually watched his shows? Think i'd just get pissed off with his face and turn it off-.- Wow.I'm such an angry person:wink:
Clearly better than you though. I've never heard of you 😂😂
Neil deGrasse Tyson. Great fella and you need a degree to figure out the capitalization of his middle name. Also goes to show that even black people can be brainy. **** racism.

Latest