The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Last day for revision, everyone else is outside having a waterfight :cry: not fair.

First year I've watched eurovision and I actually enjoyed it :h: I love the winner, she was on swedish idol a few years ago :mmm: And her previous songs are pretty good too! :biggrin:

Original post by twinlensreflex
I didn't watch Eurovision, it's painful. :tongue:

Now, do I tell my mum I have a date or attempt to escape from the house...hmm...

:woo: A date?! Ohhh spill... :sexface:
Original post by The Puppet Master

:woo: A date?! Ohhh spill... :sexface:

We're going to see a film, because I'm awkward and she thinks she's slightly awkward and I'm not very good at conversation. :colondollar: But yeah. First girl date. :biggrin: If you can count it as a date, she has expressed...a liking for me anyhow. :sexface:.

I've told my mum I'm going to buy shorts. I don't know how she'll react and she kinda took my ex-boyfriend's side when we split up in December. :L And it feels good to have someone kinda interested, and yeah. That doesn't really happen to me. :wink: /rambling.
Reply 2722
Hey gays. I should really get revising. :colonhash:

We're going to see a film, because I'm awkward and she thinks she's slightly awkward and I'm not very good at conversation. :colondollar: But yeah. First girl date. :biggrin: If you can count it as a date, she has expressed...a liking for me anyhow. :sexface:.

I've told my mum I'm going to buy shorts. I don't know how she'll react and she kinda took my ex-boyfriend's side when we split up in December. :L And it feels good to have someone kinda interested, and yeah. That doesn't really happen to me. :wink: /rambling.

Good luck! Hope it goes awesomely. :yep:
Original post by Ars Ludicra
Morning. :smile:

I appreciate this is of very little importance to most of you, but I'm (figuratively) losing sleep over whether to copy up my vocab lists for the Homeric Hymns onto this really useful flashcard programme thing someone put me onto WITH or WITHOUT accents (although I will obviously still use breathings).

Arguments for: It will feel more perfect, which is nice; accents are, presumably, important in some way, especially since this is poetry ...

Arguments against: I don't know the Greek accentuation system properly (it's so complicated, we never have to learn about it thoroughly unless, I think, you do a specific philology option); I won't be asked to use accents in any exams; it will take ten times as long to do if I have to put accents in as well ...

You know I suppose I just came to m own conclusion. Accents be damned! Apologies for using this space as my personal notepad.

How is everybody? :smile:

That must be the biggest non-problem ever :teehee:

Meh, could be better, have a groupwork deadline tomorrow that the work hasn't been started for yet, and I have no contact details for anyone in my group :angry:

Just going to have to submit something myself I suppose.

:sexface: Hope it goes well! :awesome:
Reply 2725
Original post by Ars Ludicra
Morning. :smile:

I appreciate this is of very little importance to most of you, but I'm (figuratively) losing sleep over whether to copy up my vocab lists for the Homeric Hymns onto this really useful flashcard programme thing someone put me onto WITH or WITHOUT accents (although I will obviously still use breathings).

Arguments for: It will feel more perfect, which is nice; accents are, presumably, important in some way, especially since this is poetry ...

Arguments against: I don't know the Greek accentuation system properly (it's so complicated, we never have to learn about it thoroughly unless, I think, you do a specific philology option); I won't be asked to use accents in any exams; it will take ten times as long to do if I have to put accents in as well ...

You know I suppose I just came to m own conclusion. Accents be damned! Apologies for using this space as my personal notepad.

How is everybody? :smile:

Do it without except in words (if therer are some) where the accent changes the meaning.

Also, hi, come visit Oxford plz.

Wooo, let us know how it goes :sexface: Good Luck :colone:
We have our performance of 24 hour musical in 5.5 hours :eek:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

:sexface:
Missed Eurovision ( Amateur Transplants was splendid) but watched the scoring for some reason...

Ice cream and paddling on Brightlingsea beach now. Bugger me, some parts of Essex are just beautiful on a day like today.

Most of the county, of course, is a ****hole 365 days of the year, but can't be helped I guess.
Back from Soton. Wonderful weekend with much BBQing and rum, Eurovision was fun. Kinda sucks to be back home and facing the prospect of work in the morning -_-
I need to get over somebody incredible, but I can't.
Reply 2732
Le weather has brought out SO MANY washboard stomachs and sixpacks. 'tis like some sort of convention.

Sigh.
It's always the middle aged balding hairy chested fat men that decide to get topless first. Ugh.

Though there's a water fight happening out in the court yard at the minute :sexface:

Wow I'm such a perv.
Original post by Liam_G
Le weather has brought out SO MANY washboard stomachs and sixpacks. 'tis like some sort of convention.

Sigh.

Seriously, there've been so many hot, topless guys around this weekend. Part of me enjoyed it greatly, the rest of me just felt horrible for not looking like that :tongue:
Reply 2735
Revd. Mike
Part of me enjoyed it greatly, the rest of me just felt horrible for not looking like that :tongue:

This :emo:
I haven't seen anyone attractive since I've been in the US. :lolwut: Christ I'm picky...
Original post by The Puppet Master
It's always the middle aged balding hairy chested fat men that decide to get topless first. Ugh.

Though there's a water fight happening out in the court yard at the minute :sexface:

Wow I'm such a perv.

My friends planned on doing this. :sexface: With white t-shirts.
But it seems that it's been forgotten. I'll have to ask them if we're still going to do it... Thanks for reminding me! :awesome:

:perv:
Reply 2738
Original post by Revd. Mike
Seriously, there've been so many hot, topless guys around this weekend. Part of me enjoyed it greatly, the rest of me just felt horrible for not looking like that :tongue:

I know that feeling. All the hot boys have spent the week playing volleyball right outside my place while wearing just shorts. It's very distracting when I'm trying to revise.
Reply 2739
Off to watch Simon Amstell! :woo:

Latest