The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Oh, I have JUST noticed we moved on to X. 80 pages in. This must be my new record. :colonhash:
Original post by Tazhall
Hey, Steam and blokes trying to impress people with their masculinity have never appealed to me (plus they won't let me drive) :wink:

I don't tend to think of steam engines as a way to prove masculinity...I do love the smell of coal smoke though. I just lover the engineering that went into them etc.

I have never driven them on the day but I have a cousin who has two so that is where I have driven them. Unlike him I haven't had one of them fall on me by driving it into a ditch either :moon:
(edited 12 years ago)
Oh, I had 69 posts in the last thread. :sexface:
Reply 1583
Original post by dbmag9
Woke up this morning with my college wife in my bed, despite both of us going to sleep in our own beds. The sign of a good wine and cheese night, I guess. :p:

Eeeeeeww.
Reply 1584
Original post by Laertes
You have a college wife? Explain.

College family system: people get college married, then next year when freshers arrived they're assigned parents (normally so that they have one parent with the same subject).
Reply 1585
Original post by crazylemon
I don't tend to think of steam engines as a way to prove masculinity...I do love the smell of coal smoke though. I just lover the engineering that went into them etc.

I have never driven them on the day but I have a cousin who has two so that is where I have driven them. Unlike him I have had one of them fall on me by driving it into a ditch either :moon:

In the cornish world they seem to be? I've always worked with people in the farming/machinery world and find it's still very much a 'man's sport' but then I'm a very butch girl so I can't really talk :P

Now that's funny, I've had a tractor do that :P

Were you College or Truro School?
Original post by Liam_G
Now I have lemon cake. Who knew I had so many feelings.

Liam, whenever you say anything I am always compelled to say how much I love you. :')

Original post by dbmag9
Woke up this morning with my college wife in my bed, despite both of us going to sleep in our own beds. The sign of a good wine and cheese night, I guess. :p:

That's disgusting. She's not even a ballet dancer. Get out.

Ok I am getting worried now. My parents started talking about what they would do when they retire and have decided that they want to run a florists/vintage car hire for weddings. They also pointed out that the place we went today do wedding functions. When I then over dinner suggested a career plan that was totally family/relationship unfriendly they then started saying point said blatantly obvious out...help?

Lemon, old chap, it might be easier to help if what you said made ANY sense at all. :p: I've started reading anything you post through very quickly in (my conception of) a Cornish accent just because it provides me with a much-needed dose of comedy.
Anyone read the daily mail today? Looks like the conservatives are about to do something controversial, which I can't imagine many of you are going to be happy with.
Reply 1588
Original post by gagaslilmonsteruk
Looks like the conservatives are about to do something controversial, which I can't imagine many of you are going to be happy with.

Actually describing the story is normally a more effective way of getting people to talk about it. :colonhash:

Original post by Ars Ludicra
That's disgusting. She's not even a ballet dancer. Get out.

:hmmm:
Original post by gagaslilmonsteruk
Anyone read the daily mail today? Looks like the conservatives are about to do something controversial, which I can't imagine many of you are going to be happy with.

Elaborate? Though with it being the Daily Mail I'm instantly not inclined to believe it's entirely true.
Original post by fretter778
Elaborate? Though with it being the Daily Mail I'm instantly not inclined to believe it's entirely true.

Something to do with marriage, I think they may change their minds on it.

Shock news: Some Conservatives have conservative views when it comes to a liberal issue. Plus some good ol' fashoned DM exaggeration.
Original post by Tazhall
In the cornish world they seem to be? I've always worked with people in the farming/machinery world and find it's still very much a 'man's sport' but then I'm a very butch girl so I can't really talk :P

Now that's funny, I've had a tractor do that :P

Were you College or Truro School?

school

Original post by Ars Ludicra

Lemon, old chap, it might be easier to help if what you said made ANY sense at all. :p: I've started reading anything you post through very quickly in (my conception of) a Cornish accent just because it provides me with a much-needed dose of comedy.

Oh I am aware I do that. Tends to be because I am posting from my phone. Then you get to enjoy a stream of consciousness without a thought for anyone understanding.
oh that particular post making no sense I blame my parents for because they are slightly mad :tongue:
Reply 1594

Oh I am aware I do that. Tends to be because I am posting from my phone. Then you get to enjoy a stream of consciousness without a thought for anyone understanding.
oh that particular post making no sense I blame my parents for because they are slightly mad :tongue:

He's so cute when he tries to speak english :teehee:
Reply 1595
school

High School... :s Stereotype gone nuts there :P
Original post by Tazhall
High School... :s Stereotype gone nuts there :P

Could say that :tongue:
Reply 1597
Could say that :tongue:

Aha, considering the fact I was the only one in five years to come out, it's quite amusing :P

....and I'm dating one of the girls in the year below me...
Reply 1598
Mulan is on channel 5 and I have vegetable soup and tea. Today is a good day.
Reply 1599
I'm just back from visiting my boyfriend and it was wonderful :love:

But now back to LDR... it really is just the worst but oh well :emo:

Latest