The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Premier Flat vs Premier En-suite & other questions!

Hi all! Does anyone know the differences between Premier Flat and Premier En-suite? :confused:

Also I will have to work and study at the same time - am a working adult who is quitting her job to pursue her dreams so no pampering rich parents, hubby or sugar-daddy!! Would you advice Halls of Residence or Off-Campus accomodation for me cos I'll definitely have to work :cry2:

Many thanks in advance!
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Reply 2
Thanks azzbo, read that a zillion times long ago, lol, don't seem that much different to me that's why I'm trying to see if anyone actually have any experience to share.

Cheers.
Reply 3
i think its just the fact that one has a shower and toilet and one doesnt, but yh it'd be good to get a current students views on how theyre different :smile:
Reply 4
I have no clue. I signed up to Premier En Suite flat just to be safe. Having my own bathroom is rather vital :biggrin: It's one thing I'd hate to share.
Reply 5
I only made two choices in the end for the 37 weeks as I intend to find alternative accommodation once I get there. Though the premium en-suite seem nicer with the 3/4 bed, the kitchen is shared by EIGHT people. 6 people share the kitchen for the normal en-suite, which means reduced conflict. Hehe, no matter what I'm still pretty pumped up about going back to school! :elefant:
Reply 6
The flats are shared between 4 people, whereas the premier en-suites are bigger blocks, sometimes like 20 people... but you have a better chance of getting an ensuite as the third years have priority over the flats and thats where most of them go because you can choose who you live with. Theres plenty of off-campus accomodation which is nice, and it'll be a lot closer to Newcastle or Hanley but then you'd have to travel into uni... so its the choice between, do you want to travel to work or to uni. The buses are good, and on weekdays they go every 10 minutes :smile:
You might want to consider a job on campus if you get on campus accom. All the bars hire, and the shops and reception and that. Also keele hall :smile: Hope that helps.
Reply 7
Original post by Luckyclover
Hi all! Does anyone know the differences between Premier Flat and Premier En-suite? :confused:

Also I will have to work and study at the same time - am a working adult who is quitting her job to pursue her dreams so no pampering rich parents, hubby or sugar-daddy!! Would you advice Halls of Residence or Off-Campus accomodation for me cos I'll definitely have to work :cry2:

Many thanks in advance!

Premier flat I think - you don't get any cleaners. It's up to the guys to sort themselves out. I tend to be quite clean and unfortunately most of the guys I've lived with so far are not so hygienic...

En-suite you get clearners

Though you might want to email those accommodation guys just to make sure and clarify any differences

If you wanna work and looking for hses with cheap rent off-campus might be the answer.

YOu might want to buy a 3 monh bus ticket which should work out cheaper if you're a regular traveller.

http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/staffordshire_cheshire/journey_planning/keele_uni/fares.php

But there's work on campus, e.g. student bars, student support which pays above the minimum wage. Student ambassador role pays 7 pds.

In which case you might wanna live on campus.

Hope tha thelped!
Hi!! I have the same question. I read it a million times but I did not understand. Since, both seem to include en-suite facilities, I do not get the difference! Saw the info here and that is why I am asking. Please answer :smile: I will start in September and I will soon apply for accommodation. PS. I'm international.
http://www.keele.ac.uk/media/keeleuniversity/cfm/accommodation/booklets/Your%20Accommodation%20Booklet%202014.pdf
Reply 9
Hi Crystal,

I'm afraid I am no help. I decided against both Premier in the end as I preferred sharing the kitchen with people I know. I ended up renting privately!

It's more difficult for an international student to decide on the type of accommodation. I'm from Singapore myself so if you got any other queries just ask!

Also, I just want to say a big thank you to Catchtat, Emmaharvs, Tamimi and Azzbo. I've totally forgotten to check back here once the whirlwind life of an undergraduate swept me away. :colondollar:

Cheers, Sandy
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Luckyclover
Hi Crystal,

I'm afraid I am no help. I decided against both Premier in the end as I preferred sharing the kitchen with people I know. I ended up renting privately!

It's more difficult for an international student to decide on the type of accommodation. I'm from Singapore myself so if you got any other queries just ask!

Also, I just want to say a big thank you to Catchtat, Emmaharvs, Tamimi and Azzbo. I've totally forgotten to check back here once the whirlwind life of an undergraduate swept me away. :colondollar:

Cheers, Sandy

Hi!! I have applied for both premier flat and premier ensuite. Are you starting the IFY in Sept? Cause I am!

Quick Reply

Latest