The Student Room Group

Maths exam IGCSE - HIGHER TIER - PAPER 3H AND PAPER 4H POST DISCUSSION.

Scroll to see replies

HERE IS THE FULL PAPER WITH SOLUTIONS AND WORKING. Please rate this post.

My estimated grade boundaries:
A* 78%
A 60%
B 42%
C 24%

Sorry it did not let me upload it one part and my scanner isnt the best. Sorry and best wishes! Remember to rate this post.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by sahajkaur

For question 19 (Triangle within sector) the area of the triangle can be found simply by 0.5*A*B*sin(c) formular.

Thanks for the working . Your sure for the 5th question you get 2 marks by simply writing down the 3 numbers by trial and error?

Maybe 4H will be easier and raises the grade boundaries
For the question with working out the area of ABCD, I STUPIDLY put the area of the right handed triangle as the answer... how many marks would I lose? I'm estimating that I'd lose about 2 marks? With that in mind, I've got 92% in 3H since I pretty much lost 6 marks in Q18.
EDIT: The estimate for the interquartile range - I didn't put a whole number. Do I lose marks for that?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 563
Original post by yl95
For the question with working out the area of ABCD, I STUPIDLY put the area of the right handed triangle as the answer... how many marks would I lose? I'm estimating that I'd lose about 2 marks? With that in mind, I've got 92% in 3H since I pretty much lost 6 marks in Q18.
EDIT: The estimate for the interquartile range - I didn't put a whole number. Do I lose marks for that?

You already have an a* so jam yourself...
Original post by nithpriya
Dude do you by chance have the 4H paper?
and tell me how you got this 3h paper!!

Don't be crazy I don't have paper 4H. I got this paper from my centre
Original post by muf_mur
seriously where the hell did you get this paper from??!:confused:

From my centre.
Hi guys, I am about to download the paper do it with workings and right answers and I will then upload it for everyone to see. I will also estimate grade boundaries according to how hard this was compared to what I did last year. Give me a little bit of time then both with be up :smile:

Thank you very much
Reply 567
Original post by ocelot92
hello anyone? :confused:

for the pentagon question would i still get full marks because i did a different method to find n=10:

4x360= 1440
1440/180 +2 = 10

How do you know 4x360 in the first place? It doesn't make sense (maybe I'm wrong)
Reply 568
Original post by KateMcM
so for probability one, i should have done 3-1, 1-3 and 2-2 twice!? damn! what was the answer? I got 3/20- so annoying as couldnt decide if i should do 2-2 twice or not!

ye you needed to do 2-2 twice
Reply 569
Original post by StUdEnTIGCSE
I think for a you will get FULL MARKS

Is not he cause is 15/3. If you used scale factor of 5 you won't even get 14 hence you get no credit for it.
Original post by TrynaPass
HEY , does anyone know how many marks the polygon question was? and the angle question? and if any one gets the marking scheme and actual paper can you send it to my inbox? and is anyone sitting for biology on tuesday? omg im so worried...is there a confirmed boundary? thank uu for any thing that you can send to me.

Check attachment!!!Pls dont cry! :biggrin:
PLEASE HELP!!

for the polygon question the followin is my answer(method is wrong)

1 pentagon=5 sides
2 pentagons= 10 sides
therefore n=10

How many marks would i get??
Original post by nithpriya
PLEASE HELP!!

for the polygon question the followin is my answer(method is wrong)

1 pentagon=5 sides
2 pentagons= 10 sides
therefore n=10

How many marks would i get??

You would get no marks I'm afraid, go look back at my post which I have uploaded the whole paper with solutions to see the real method.
Original post by StUdEnTIGCSE
For question 19 (Triangle within sector) the area of the triangle can be found simply by 0.5*A*B*sin(c) formular.

Thanks for the working . Your sure for the 5th question you get 2 marks by simply writing down the 3 numbers by trial and error?

Maybe 4H will be easier and raises the grade boundaries

I doubt it but when it comes out i will do 4H too and change the boundaries if necessary. And yes I know :smile: I was working with the assumption that GCSE people do not get taught that formula :smile:
Original post by yl95

No, stop freaking out. 90% is way beyond an A* get off this thread.
Original post by gabriel 41
From my centre.

Can you upload the other papers...like French Listening? or ICT Practicals?
Originally Posted by KateMcM
so for probability one, i should have done 3-1, 1-3 and 2-2 twice!? damn! what was the answer? I got 3/20- so annoying as couldnt decide if i should do 2-2 twice or not!

No 1,3 3,1 and just 2,2
refer to my post to see answer
No, stop freaking out. 90% is way beyond an A* get off this thread.

Okay...our Maths department told us that the A* boundary is around 85% and I just wanted to know for sure. :l
Original post by TaranC
ye you needed to do 2-2 twice

No you shouldn't have check my post and please verify your answers before misleading people.
Original post by yl95

As long as it is in the range giving in the mark scheme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending