The Student Room Group

AQA MPC2 (Core 2) Exam June 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by ryanboi
because for question 4. it doesn't matter what you get for first term. If you got 48 as first term, that means you got 12 as your 2nd term. Then you will still get the common ratio as 1/4.
Your sum of infinity will be 64? and your geometric sum of the first 3 term will involve a=48.

48(1-(1/4)^3) / 3/4 =63

so you should get answer 1? i don't know what you have done lol

Ya well you forgot it is to the power 4 , so its 48(1-(1/4)to the power 4)/ 3/4 = 63.75

64-63.75 = 0.25

are you sure i am wrong bro??
Reply 381
Original post by ryanboi
Surely for question 6b)i) the answer should be 13.

dy/dx is 3x^2-4x^-2+11

so d2y/dx2 will equal to 6x+8x^-3

x=2, so 12+1 = 13.

Yes you're right. There goes 2(+?) marks. :frown:
Original post by kitkat19
was okay apart from the last question and i had no ideas how to do qeestion 8 ( make a quadratic equation to show only one root) ....did any 1 else get 222 cm sq fro are of the sector thingy and like 0.177 i think for trapezium rul? around dem values?

I got 222 for the area :smile: and I think got something similar for the trapezium rule I cant quite remember!
I missed out a third of the paper :frown: no exaggeration, the hardest exam i've ever sat
Original post by Deiidara
are you saying raw mark of 68/75 is 100UMS?? i thought you need to get 75/75 for 100 UMS...

Yeah the raw mark of 68/75 can equal 100UMS because they have to normally distribute the grades between all the applicants :smile: If noone gets 75/75 they can't offer low UMS marks to someone even though they may have got an A from 68/75

I know I didnt explain that very well but yeah :colondollar::tongue:
Reply 385
Original post by kj14
Ya well you forgot it is to the power 4 , so its 48(1-(1/4)to the power 4)/ 3/4 = 63.75

64-63.75 = 0.25

are you sure i am wrong bro??

is not to the power of 4 man. is to the power of 3. is (infinity sigma 4) which equals to (infinity sigma 1) - (3 sigma 1).
Reply 386
Original post by ryanboi
is not to the power of 4 man. is to the power of 3. is (infinity sigma 4) which equals to (infinity sigma 1) - (3 sigma 1).

how many marks do you think i will lose on that whole question?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 387
does anyone remember how many marks the sequence and series question was on?
Does anyone have a copy of the paper they could upload? Or could someone write down what the last three questions were because i would quite like to try them in preparation for my C2 exam. Thank you.
Does anyone know how many marks 7bi and 7bii were worth? Also, 9cii and 9ciii?

Hopefully no more than 10 marks...

I am hoping for 65/75! (90+ ums)
Reply 390
Original post by kj14
how many marks do you think i will lose on that whole question?

You would probably lose all marks for that question. Because all of it require the first term. Unless, they give you mark for the common ratio you got right.
Reply 391
Original post by JessicaTSR
Yeah the raw mark of 68/75 can equal 100UMS because they have to normally distribute the grades between all the applicants :smile: If noone gets 75/75 they can't offer low UMS marks to someone even though they may have got an A from 68/75

I know I didnt explain that very well but yeah :colondollar::tongue:

thanks, i think i got 74ish/75 in core 2.:biggrin:
Reply 392
Original post by Sagacious
Does anyone know how many marks 7bi and 7bii were worth? Also, 9cii and 9ciii?

Hopefully no more than 10 marks...

I am hoping for 65/75! (90+ ums)

7b:4,2 9cii and iii: 4,4 I think.
Reply 393
out of the 4 mark log question at the end, how many marks do you think i may have got for getting up to log(10/9) / 1/3 ? thanks :smile:
Reply 394
Original post by Cath-ay
Aww bummerrr, are you resitting the whole year?
Wow that's quite a feat! o.o whatever happens you'll still have that C :smile: Haha yeah, mechanics is awesome! Wish I took physics at A2!

Nooo, but I may as well be! 3 retakes and 6 normal exams this summer :frown:
Yeah, physics can be quite a help with mech. Especially with the circular motion fashizzle as we pretty much learned it in both lessons so we didn't have to do anything in the other. :redface:
Original post by Nebula
7b:4,2 9cii and iii: 4,4 I think.

Hmm, I said the stretch is by 1/10 in the x direction for one of the last questions, how many marks will I receive for that do you think?

I so need 90 UMS +
Hmm, I said the stretch is by 1/10 in the x direction for one of the last questions, how many marks will I receive for that do you think?

I so need 90 UMS +

I'd say 3/4. I think a lot of people made that mistake. :tongue:
Original post by Americaniamh
I'd say 3/4. I think a lot of people made that mistake. :tongue:

That would be awesome if I got 3. Knowing my luck, it'll probably be 1 mark...

Also, I got to the stage on the very last question (9ciii) where I got x=1/3... but then I stopped because I thought I was wrong... any marks for that??

I guess I just want to clinch as many marks as possible...
That would be awesome if I got 3. Knowing my luck, it'll probably be 1 mark...

Also, I got to the stage on the very last question (9ciii) where I got x=1/3... but then I stopped because I thought I was wrong... any marks for that??

I guess I just want to clinch as many marks as possible...

Can't remember the question sorry! But don't be too worried :smile: based on past mark boundaries, you should be alright with a few small errors!
Reply 399
Original post by ryanboi
You would probably lose all marks for that question. Because all of it require the first term. Unless, they give you mark for the common ratio you got right.

Get a life loser , i will get most of the marks , u mad bro? a mark for the ratio , and mark for knowing a/1-r etc. plus i got 0.25 which was right maybe ur wrong , or maybe my method is too good for you to understand
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending