The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sophiekutie
This one's the Edexcel decision making (the olympics) x

Hehe I think i know that :tongue: , that's why i said OCR and similer ( I think i did anyway ) :colondollar:
haha I changed it to CGP after this comment :wink:
Cool, I was definitely thinking of maths, and maybe chemistry and physics too?
Have you got the workbook things or the revision guides? For GCSE I found the workbooks a waste of time but I'm not sure about a-level. It it a really big jump? I find maths comes naturally, I didn't really have to work for it for GCSE and almost certainly got an A*, do you think I'll struggle at A level? X

I'm getting the science ones too but I'm not sure how good they are (well, CGP do usually produce really good books so hopefully their science A-Level books should be no exception :smile: )
I got the revision guides :smile: I've never really liked the workbooks either tbh. It is quite a big jump at first (for AS maths) but then it gets much easier (well, that's what I thought). I can't say how you'll find it tbh :smile: I was scoring A*s last year in GCSE maths, then I did some quick AS revision (just skimmed through the revision guide), tried a past paper and scored a C/D on my first attempt :tongue: But then I worked slightly harder, got used to the AS course and it became so much easier :smile:
Were at our 400TH page!!!!!!! Only 200 pages left = 4000 posts ( on average 20 per page )
Reply 7983
Awww that's a shame :frown:
Cool :smile: yeah It probably makes a big 'behind the scenes' difference :tongue:
whereabouts are you from?

Whoops :s might have to reconsider then... :wink:
but I do like it so hopefully I will be able to push through x

Herefordshire, I moved over from Birmingham about 2 and a half years ago. What about yourself?

And I'm sure you'd manage it :wink: what kind of universities are you hoping to end up at?

Also, someone create a year 11 / year 12 member photo thread, let's see what you folk look like! :tongue:
If you did FSMQ, then it should be easy. If you just did GCSE, it's honestly quite hard to say how you'll find it even though you did really well in it But if you work hard then it should definitely be easy enough

I haven't got my results yet so I'm not going to say anything about them yet But the CGP books did help me a lot.

I'm doing A2 next year so technically it is a year early but I think quite a few people who do double maths (Maths and Further maths) do A2 early.

Only did GCSE because only got it in January.

However, my teacher started AS Maths with me and i have been doing about differentiation and intergration and have found that REALLY EASY and also some of the GCSE work which overlaps into A-level for example, Simultaneous Equations, Trig graphs and midpoints and lengths of a line. :biggrin:

Which concept about C1 would you say is the hardest (for you personally)?

And surely you have already done C1 and got a result?

Good luck with A2 this year, i am sure you will do GREAT :biggrin:
Has anyone got OCR P4 P5 P6 exam tomorrow at 9am?

If so let me know : )

BTW anyone going to prom?
Original post by c3ntury
Herefordshire, I moved over from Birmingham about 2 and a half years ago. What about yourself?

And I'm sure you'd manage it :wink: what kind of universities are you hoping to end up at?

Also, someone create a year 11 / year 12 member photo thread, let's see what you folk look like! :tongue:

Asians is da house :colone:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by science-oliver
Only did GCSE because only got it in January.

However, my teacher started AS Maths with me and i have been doing about differentiation and intergration and have found that REALLY EASY and also some of the GCSE work which overlaps into A-level for example, Simultaneous Equations, Trig graphs and midpoints and lengths of a line. :biggrin:

Which concept about C1 would you say is the hardest (for you personally)?

And surely you have already done C1 and got a result?

Good luck with A2 this year, i am sure you will do GREAT :biggrin:

That's good! You should be OK at AS then :smile:

Tbh, c1 doesn't really have a "hard" topic in it :smile: The past paper questions occasionally can be quite hard but other than that, it is fairly straight forward :smile:

Nope, I did C1 just a few weeks ago :smile:

Thank you, but I'm doing it next year :smile: And good luck in any exams you gave left :biggrin:
Reply 7988
Original post by No brainer1

Yep, on Friday. Yourself?

Sorry, I don't but try here :smile: Someone may have already posted them there but if not, it might be worth asking there :smile:
Original post by c3ntury

Lol that's quite a good idea! Even though I probably won't post my pic :tongue:

And is anyone watching the England game today? :smile:
Original post by c3ntury
Yep, on Friday. Yourself?

My proms next thursday which is on the same day as my transition day -.-
That's good! You should be OK at AS then

Tbh, c1 doesn't really have a "hard" topic in it The past paper questions occasionally can be quite hard but other than that, it is fairly straight forward

Nope, I did C1 just a few weeks ago

Thank you, but I'm doing it next year And good luck in any exams you gave left

Thankyou,

How did you find C2, heard logs are quite hard?
Reply 7993
Is anyone looking forward to the challenge of A-level, yet very scared of the transition from GCSE to A-level? Or am i alone? :biggrin:

Also, is anyone going to invest in CGP A-level books over this holiday to do some revision for their A-level subjects?
If so, for which subjects?

I am really looking forward to a-level but at the same time quite scared :biggrin:

I'm getting my A Level books quite soon, I know which books for chemistry, biology, physics and maths but not for further maths (Edexcel) :frown: What about you?

I'm very excited, yet every now and then I get a pang of panic. I keep thinking 'will I be good enough at the subjects at A Level?' which is unnerving!
I'm getting my A Level books quite soon, I know which books for chemistry, biology, physics and maths but not for further maths (Edexcel) What about you?

I'm very excited, yet every now and then I get a pang of panic. I keep thinking 'will I be good enough at the subjects at A Level?' which is unnerving!

Yeah i' m getting my books soon, and are you getting CGP books?

What do you want to study at university?

Also i'm glad someone else feels the same way :biggrin:
Reply 7995
Yeah i' m getting my books soon, and are you getting CGP books?

What do you want to study at university?

Also i'm glad someone else feels the same way :biggrin:

What subjects are you doing? :smile: For my sciences I am but I don't know about maths/further maths because it's on a different exam board to my science.
Well... the big question! I'd love to do either chemistry or astrophysics/physics both straight into masters :smile: Yourself?
Reply 7996

I have this tomorrow :smile: (My last exam, wooo!)

Have prom in 2 or 3 weeks too :smile:
Come on, 10am tomorrow I will be done!
Can't wait until 10:30 am tomorrow. Physics'll be done!
What subjects are you doing? For my sciences I am but I don't know about maths/further maths because it's on a different exam board to my science.
Well... the big question! I'd love to do either chemistry or astrophysics/physics both straight into masters Yourself?

Biology, Chemistry, Maths, Psychology :smile:

wow, astrophysics seems interesting!

Hopefully study medicine and specialize into surgery. Surgery really interests me! :smile:

Latest