The Student Room Group

May 2012 Chemistry unit 2 Grade boundary (POLL)

Poll

Minm raw mark for A in Chemistry(EDEXCEL) Unit 2 may 2012

Since people have done this exam,

I would like people to vote fairly, by thinking and comparing with past papers.
Reply 1
Well honestly speaking I found this year's chem papers quite doable. If you knew your notes it was very possible to do at least 60% of it with ease. There are some past papers that had me almost in tears lol. I was so freaking out for this exam, but it wasn't so bad so I have to say that an A would most probably be in the 61-65 zone.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
I think 63 =)
Reply 3
These are high grade boundaries prediction, I have seen some student leaving their pages blank or did not do it well :s-smilie:
Reply 4
Original post by UserInvalid
These are high grade boundaries prediction, I have seen some student leaving their pages blank or did not do it well :s-smilie:

Whoa really? Well then the grade boundaries can come down a lot lower. Hey if anything that is very welcome!
Reply 5
Original post by jerichi
Whoa really? Well then the grade boundaries can come down a lot lower. Hey if anything that is very welcome!

lets see, but majority of people say it was easy. Hence the grade boundaries may rise aswell or stay moderate.
Reply 6
lets see, but majority of people say it was easy. Hence the grade boundaries may rise aswell or stay moderate.

True :smile: Well then I hope it remains moderate and isn't hiked up a lot! Cause that would suck...majorly. :P
Reply 7
Original post by jerichi
True :smile: Well then I hope it remains moderate and isn't hiked up a lot! Cause that would suck...majorly. :P

Majority or grade boundaries are going between 61-65. Lets see.
Reply 8
They've never been above 61 for the new specification.

Why was this negged? It's true isn't it? If I'm mistaken, please respond...
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 9
Just want to update this and share the question paper and the mark scheme.

Question Paper : http://www.scribd.com/doc/99488883/June-2012-Edexcel-Chemistry-Unit-2

Mark Scheme : http://www.scribd.com/doc/100278399/June-2012-Chemistry-Unit-2-Markscheme

Good luck.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 10
Just want to update this and share the question paper and the mark scheme.

Question Paper : http://www.scribd.com/doc/99488883/June-2012-Edexcel-Chemistry-Unit-2

Mark Scheme : http://www.scribd.com/doc/100278399/June-2012-Chemistry-Unit-2-Markscheme

Good luck.

Markscheme seems a bit 'iffy' in places tbh, with some of the answers people on TSR haven't even said! Think the boundary will be low 60's.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by EffKayy
Markscheme seems a bit 'iffy' in places tbh, with some of the answers people on TSR haven't even said! Think the boundary will be low 60's.

I have to agree on this bit. I believe they made it harsh on purposely since some found it easy :s-smilie:
Reply 12
Just like i predicted: 63!!1

feel sorry for those that did chem1 though - 66.
Reply 13
Original post by EffKayy
Just like i predicted: 63!!1

feel sorry for those that did chem1 though - 66.

got overall A in chem on my side. Just a question. To get an A* you need overall A in your AS right?
Reply 14
got overall A in chem on my side. Just a question. To get an A* you need overall A in your AS right?

Got 96/120 on this paper, A overall.

And nope you dont, you just need 90% overall for the whole A level.

What did you get in this
Reply 15
Original post by EffKayy
Got 96/120 on this paper, A overall.

And nope you dont, you just need 90% overall for the whole A level.

What did you get in this

I got B =/

but for unit 3 and 1 its all A lol. Dunno what happened in this exam. Tho my overall is A.

So for A* you need 90% overall for both AS and A2? :s-smilie:
Reply 16
I got B =/

but for unit 3 and 1 its all A lol. Dunno what happened in this exam. Tho my overall is A.

So for A* you need 90% overall for both AS and A2? :s-smilie:

To get an A* you need an average of 80% in ALL MODULES and an average of 90% in A2 MODULES.

Grade boundaries were just stupid this year. In one past year, my raw mark would have been 120/120 UMS. This year 102 (Unit 1 btw). I swear there is no correlation between difficulty and grade boundaries...
Reply 17
Original post by 117r
To get an A* you need an average of 80% in ALL MODULES and an average of 90% in A2 MODULES.

Grade boundaries were just stupid this year. In one past year, my raw mark would have been 120/120 UMS. This year 102 (Unit 1 btw). I swear there is no correlation between difficulty and grade boundaries...

Thanks for letting me know.
Edexcel board is just unpredicatable. I just got this fact straight in.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending