The Student Room Group

MPs want to make ''obese/fatty'' a hate crime

Scroll to see replies

So basically people are saying you should put up with abuse if you're fat but not if you're black or asian?

Don't make me ****ing sick.

Either we can call who we want, what we want, when we want or no kind of abuse is acceptable.
Reply 81
Original post by Scumbaggio
So basically people are saying you should put up with abuse if you're fat but not if you're black or asian?

Don't make me ****ing sick.

Either we can call who we want, what we want, when we want or no kind of abuse is acceptable.

You can help being fat but you can't help being black or asian. Don't get pissy if you were the last one picked in gym class.
Original post by Kiss
You can help being fat but you can't help being black or asian. Don't get pissy if you were the last one picked in gym class.

And that justifies bullying and abuse?
Reply 83
Original post by Captain Haddock

No, but being called 'fat' and 'obese' can't be made a hate crime or medical physicians won't be able to effectively diagnose thunder thighs as to how bad their diabetes has gotten without using the 'o' word.
Original post by Kiss
No, but being called 'fat' and 'obese' can't be made a hate crime or medical physicians won't be able to effectively diagnose thunder thighs as to how bad their diabetes has gotten without using the 'o' word.

Nobody is trying to outlaw the use of these words in a medical context.
Reply 85
This country is going to ****. Kids are getting fatter and fatter, now they will see that as acceptable.

I shall continue to look down on fat people until they get their act together and at least put some effort in.
Reply 86

If they don't like the bullying and abuse then they know what to do... lose weight. Everyone gets bullied for different reasons... being fat isn't a special case.
Original post by Jordan_1
If they don't like the bullying and abuse then they know what to do... lose weight. Everyone gets bullied for different reasons... being fat isn't a special case.

Bullying is never acceptable nor should the victim be the one to have to change their ways.
Reply 88
Bullying is never acceptable nor should the victim be the one to have to change their ways.

Being fat isn't acceptable. They shouldn't complain about being bullied when they have the choice to stop it...

In fact bullying might just encourage them to lose weight, which would be beneficial for them.
I wish people would shut up about this 'hate crime' nonsense. An insult is an insult. Yes, insults are always about people's appearance. Get over it.
The amount of food some people eat these days :dontknow:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Utterly ridiculous. Fat people deserve to be punished. They're a drain on society and an embarrasment to everyone around them. Don't try to deny this; you all know it's true deep down.
'fat' people consciously overeat,which results in detrimental effects to their health and increased social stigma. Obesity is avoidable and something people know is bad so 'fatties' shouldn't be surprised when labeled 'fatty','obese','fatso','man giant','big boy/girl' etc

(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 93
This crosses the line between preventing hate crimes and impeding freedom of speech. At least (and I'm being generous with this) 9 out of 10 "fatties" are "fat" because they over indulge in unhealthy food. End of.
Original post by Ryan_94
This crosses the line between preventing hate crimes and impeding freedom of speech. At least (and I'm being generous with this) 9 out of 10 "fatties" are "fat" because they over indulge in unhealthy food. End of.

Exactly,calling a fat dude fatty is simply stating someone's physique

(edited 11 years ago)
Being fat isn't acceptable. They shouldn't complain about being bullied when they have the choice to stop it...

In fact bullying might just encourage them to lose weight, which would be beneficial for them.

Why isn't it acceptable? How is it your problem?

I think obesity is acceptable.....to a degree.

I think people who are fat enough to be classified as disabled and reap benefits,or fat enough where there are serious medical implications or are so fat that they can't walk properly,then its wrong.
I would put this on par with people cutting their own wrists, class A drug users etc. Its just blatant self harm.

(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 97

Well it's unpleasant to look at for one. On public transportation they take more space, they tend to smell more...

Not to mention all the health costs that fat people incur every year. Of course it isn't acceptable.
Well it's unpleasant to look at for one. On public transportation they take more space, they tend to smell more...

Not to mention all the health costs that fat people incur every year. Of course it isn't acceptable.

Those are all pretty ****ty reasons to stigmatise people. If you see being fat as such a problem then what makes you think abuse and ostracism is an appropriate response to it?
How so?

What a bad argument - you can't even put forward a valid point. Fat people, as I have already stated, are a drain on the economy, and on society in general. Then are an inconvenience in every concievable way, such as taking up too much room on the tube or being too slow at walking. They also eat too much and produce too much litter which they usually carelessly throw on the ground without a second thought. In my opinion there should be restrictions and rules put in place in order to prohibit their kind from accessing some of the same facilities and recources that normal people can access, which is no more than the deserve.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending