BBC Sports Persaonality of the Year...

Who do we fancy?

Wiggins has to be a favourite.
Murray, Ennis, Farah in with a chance?

Forgive my typo
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Murray or Wiggins, because they have both gripped the nation in the Olympics, as well as in the major championships for their sports.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 2
Original post by sulpicia
BBC Sports Persaonality of the Year...

At least spell personality right...

Jess Ennis imo.
Reply 3
I can't see anyone other than Wiggins to be honest. TdF and then Olympic gold, nevermind working hard to get Cavendish his stage win and gold medal attempt. Maybe if Murray had won Wimbledon it would have been a different story...
Reply 4
Gotta say Bradley Wiggins also, although the others will definitely be up there, all of them done fantastic :smile:
Reply 5
Ainslie, Trott, Hoy and Pendleton might have had a chance had it not been such an exceptional year.
Original post by sulpicia
Ainslie, Trott, Hoy and Pendleton might have had a chance had it not been such an exceptional year.

If Pendleton wins Gold in the sprint she could be right be up there...
Reply 7
Ainslie definitely deserves it, although it will probably be Wiggins
Reply 8
i think that maybe sir chris hoy has a good chance, after all, he is the most successful british olympian of all time, or maybe vicky pendleton or murray?... who knows?... glad im not a judge to decide....:smile:... gonna be a very hard choice...
Titus Bramble
If that thing about the Wiggins - Piers Morgan clash is true then it has to be Bradley. Anyone who has a pop at Piers Morgan deserves some sort of reward.
Reply 11
Murray?! Who on earth would choose Murray? He's still failed to win a Grand Slam, he's still number four in the world, and the only tennis title he's won apart from the Olympics was Brisbane (ATP 250, hardly big).
Original post by JOR2010
Murray?! Who on earth would choose Murray? He's still failed to win a Grand Slam, he's still number four in the world, and the only tennis title he's won apart from the Olympics was Brisbane (ATP 250, hardly big).

Aye but he beat Federer for gold and had a little cry when he lost at Wimbledon. The public lap that **** up.
Reply 13
Wiggins is absolutely nailed on for it. First Brit to win the TdF and tops it off with another Olympic medal.
Reply 14
My sports personality of the year list. However in reality I think Farah's ethnicity will prevent him from winning

Hoy
Murray (3rd)
Ben Ainslie
Peter Wilson
Wiggins (2nd)
Ennis
Brownlee
farah (winner)
Jason kenny
Laura Trott
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by anon1212
My sports personality of the year list. However in reality I think Farah's ethnicity will prevent him from winning

Hoy
Murray (3rd)
Ben Ainslie
Peter Wilson
Wiggins (2nd)
Ennis
Brownlee
farah (winner)
Jason kenny
Laura Trott

Don't think the BBC are known for their racism... Does it go to a public vote?
Reply 16
Original post by anon1212

Hoy
Murray (3rd)
Ben Ainslie
Peter Wilson
Wiggins (2nd)
Ennis
Brownlee
farah (winner)
Jason kenny
Laura Trott

What are you on about? Lennox Lewis, Kelly Holmes and Linford Christie have won it before...

Anyway:
1. Wiggins
2. Farah
3. Ennis.
Reply 17
This one's got a poll

And Wiggo's winning by a country mile. Or, more accurately, by about as much as Wiggo wins by in a time trial.
Reply 18
Original post by sleep99
What are you on about? Lennox Lewis, Kelly Holmes and Linford Christie have won it before...

Anyway:
1. Wiggins
2. Farah
3. Ennis.

I say this because Farah and Wiggins are similar in stature, but Wiggins will get the votes because lots of people tend to vote for people with a similar background. I personally would vote for Farah as I think his achievements are slightly greater than Wiggins. I think Farah will win the Laureus world sports award over Bolt, and Wiggins will win Farah in the Sports Personality ... time will tell (this is unless murray wins the us open which is extremely unlikely)
Can we just give it to Team GB?

Quick Reply

Latest