The Student Room Group

What are some mid tier unis for economics?

I am looking for universities that require grades ABB-BBC for economics. Can anyone suggest this kind of unis?
Reply 1
UEA - ABB and lower by 1 grade is possible.
ESSEX - BBB-BBC
Kent - BBB-BBC
Sussex - ABB-BBB
Leicester - ABB standard offer
Nottingham Trent -128 UCAS points
Aston - BBB or BBC with EPQ.
Royal Holloway -ABB-BBB
Reply 2
Original post by Makro
UEA - ABB and lower by 1 grade is possible.
ESSEX - BBB-BBC
Kent - BBB-BBC
Sussex - ABB-BBB
Leicester - ABB standard offer
Nottingham Trent -128 UCAS points
Aston - BBB or BBC with EPQ.
Royal Holloway -ABB-BBB

Thank you so much! I will have a look into these unis
Original post by NazifaNawer
I am looking for universities that require grades ABB-BBC for economics. Can anyone suggest this kind of unis?

Hi there @NazifaNawer , we offer our Economics BSc currently at the lower end of those grade requirements!
You can see combinations (if it helps :colondollar:) and roughly how these translate to UCAS Tariff Points here: www.dmu.ac.uk/study/applying/ucas-tariff-guide-entry-requirements.aspx

Also the best way to get a good overview of a University and whether it would be able to offer everything you are looking for is to attend an Open Day!
There will be lots of these days for various different Universities up and down the UK over the coming weeks and months - so keep an eye out:cool:

University status and grades are important, but it is also a good idea to find somewhere that you feel academically challenged, celebrated, and at home. After all you will be there for a minimum of three years! :smartass:

Let me know if I can help with any general questions about deciding which University to go to (fire away):headfire:

- Rose:rose:, De Montfort University Rep.
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by De Montfort University

Hi there @NazifaNawer , we offer our Economics BSc currently at the lower end of those grade requirements!
You can see combinations (if it helps :colondollar:) and roughly how these translate to UCAS Tariff Points here: www.dmu.ac.uk/study/applying/ucas-tariff-guide-entry-requirements.aspx

Also the best way to get a good overview of a University and whether it would be able to offer everything you are looking for is to attend an Open Day!
There will be lots of these days for various different Universities up and down the UK over the coming weeks and months - so keep an eye out:cool:

University status and grades are important, but it is also a good idea to find somewhere that you feel academically challenged, celebrated, and at home. After all you will be there for a minimum of three years! :smartass:

Let me know if I can help with any general questions about deciding which University to go to (fire away):headfire:

- Rose:rose:, De Montfort University Rep.

Thank you so much! I did look into De Montfort university and I kinda like it.
Reply 5
I know that Surrey Universities entry requirements last year and the year before were AAB but on clearing they were asking for BBC so quite a difference!
Reply 6
Original post by Snowwh
I know that Surrey Universities entry requirements last year and the year before were AAB but on clearing they were asking for BBC so quite a difference!

Whoa! That's great news. Thanks for letting me know!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending