The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Anyone know the difference between Btec level 3 Chemistry and Btec level 3 science?
Original post by Sheel1
Anyone know the difference between Btec level 3 Chemistry and Btec level 3 science?

It's just chemistry :tongue: as opposed to all three?

Why don't you do something extra in your second/thrust year? You'll have a lot of time :O
Reply 2022
Got to go and pick up a bike inner tube from halfords (fixing my old bike so I can take that one to sixth form instead of my nice bike.). Gonna get some smokes while I'm there.

The fact that my sixth form has a smoking area is one of the things I'm looking forward to the most, lol . Even better its not full of chavs.
Hello there - how is everyone?

I've just registered to take some SAT II subject tests, which I'll need to apply to US universities.

I was advised to take SAT II subject tests in English, Maths and at least one science, as I am not continuing these subjects past GCSE, just so I can present additional scores in these subjects. If you're not continuing with a subject past GCSE, the advice is to take the SAT II subject test as soon as possible after your GCSEs, so your knowledge is still fresh. I'm registered for the first date this academic year, which is 6 October, and I'm taking subject tests in Literature, Maths Level 2 and Biology E (ecological).

I'm going to be taking the SAT (reasoning test) in December of this year, but I can't register for that yet, it's too early.

It's advised to take the SAT and SAT subject tests early in Lower Sixth, so you can sit them again in the spring, if you're not happy with your scores.

Part of me is wondering if this whole applying to uni in the US is a good idea after all, as I'm not only going to be studying my AS levels this term, I've also got to study for the SAT tests in my own time. Oh well, needs must and all that!
Original post by lbsf1
Got to go and pick up a bike inner tube from halfords (fixing my old bike so I can take that one to sixth form instead of my nice bike.). Gonna get some smokes while I'm there.

The fact that my sixth form has a smoking area is one of the things I'm looking forward to the most, lol . Even better its not full of chavs.

Why do you smoke? It kills you and is expensive.
Reply 2025
Original post by Alex-Torres
Why do you smoke? It kills you and is expensive.

Cause I is badman. :wink:

Nah, genuinely I just enjoy it, I'm not a heavy smoker, but just like smoking 2-4 a day.
Original post by lbsf1
Cause I is badman. :wink:

Nah, genuinely I just enjoy it, I'm not a heavy smoker, but just like smoking 2-4 a day.

That's a lot :redface:
Reply 2027
Original post by shadab786ahmed
That's a lot :redface:

Nah its not really.

I do lots of cycling and I haven't noticed it affecting me. As I said above I'm off to cycle to halfords now which is about 7miles away and I have been doing this trip into town most days this holiday.
Original post by usycool1
Current Year 12 thread (2012-2013) :bigsmile:
:biggrin: :woo: :party2:

Brought to you by the thread king, usycool1, and the thread queen, Pandora.

Now that the old year 12s have made their year 13 thread, I thought it was about time we grew up and moved to the A-Level forum :biggrin:

Good luck with A-Levels and all the best for GCSE results!

Subjects

Biology, Chemistry, Maths, History.
Original post by lbsf1
Nah its not really.

I do lots of cycling and I haven't noticed it affecting me. As I said above I'm off to cycle to halfords now which is about 7miles away and I have been doing this trip into town most days this holiday.

Fair enough, I've never seen the benefits of smoking... But I've never smoked... So what you don't know about, you won't miss :smile:
Original post by Sheel1
Ernest Bevin, if you can believe it :tongue:

Yeah :biggrin: Whats the pass rate?
Reply 2031
How's it going so far, guys?

Anyways, the amount of HW that we have is certainly a change from that in iGCSE (75 defnitions for Bio xD). That said, I have so much free time that it'd be insane if I experience any kind of difficulty, whatsoever. I mean, I took 5 subjects, and I only go to school twice a week!

I repeat: I only go to school twice a week.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Uranus
How's it going so far, guys?

Anyways, the amount of HW that we have is certainly a change from that in iGCSE (75 defnitions for Bio xD). That said, I have so much free time that it'd be insane if I experience any kind of difficulty, whatsoever. I mean, I took 5 subjects, and I only go to school twice a week!

I repeat: I only go to school twice a week.

Were going onto a levels now, not i/gcse? :lolwut:
Reply 2033
Original post by Blueray2
Were going onto a levels now, not i/gcse? :lolwut:

Rather than as a genuine question, I take that as a harsh realisation of reality. Yes :biggrin:. Try not to fail! God, I'm evil.
Original post by Uranus
Rather than as a genuine question, I take that as a harsh realisation of reality. Yes :biggrin:. Try not to fail! God, I'm evil.

So you're doing igcses instead then? :biggrin:
Reply 2035
Original post by Blueray2
So you're doing igcses instead then? :biggrin:

No xD! Igcses are normally done in the Years 10 and 11. Year 12 is normally when the AS-levels starts.
Original post by Uranus
No xD! Igcses are normally done in the Years 10 and 11. Year 12 is normally when the AS-levels starts.

So what a levels are you doing? :smile:
Reply 2037
I've been off school for at least three months now. Just over a week to go...
Reply 2038
Anyone else getting/got a job for during their a-levels?
Original post by Deziah
Anyone else getting/got a job for during their a-levels?

I'm going into A2, but I had a job during AS and will also be working (albeit fewer hours) during A2. And I work in a supermarket, just in case you wish to know.

Latest