The Student Room Group

Is a personal learning record proof for qualifications?

Basically I have been left secondary school for 10 years, and I’ve just recently noticed that I’m missing 3 certificates from my achievement folder, which holds all my GCSE certificates etc.

I have learned that there is something called a personal learning record online that confirms all of the qualifications I’ve ever earned in education.

Is this enough proof for employers (where qualifications are needed), and higher education as to what I achieved? Or do they have to see physical certificates?

I know also that you can purchase a replacement certificate from exam bodies that can be used to show all your achieved grades too.

However, I was wondering in the event that my old school don’t have those other certificates still. Will a personal learning record suffice? Or will I need to purchase replacements?

Thank you for any info you guys have on this matter.
It depends on who is asking for the proof. You’ll have to ask them but it’s worthwhile requesting as it’s free and might be accepted.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
It depends on who is asking for the proof. You’ll have to ask them but it’s worthwhile requesting as it’s free and might be accepted.

In this instance, it’s for an employer. Basically have a job interview for position with the city council, for an advisor.

so I’m assuming they’d need to see proof of my qualifications and for quickness in guessing a PLR would be a good thing to show them
Reply 3
Original post by Musicgirl97
In this instance, it’s for an employer. Basically have a job interview for position with the city council, for an advisor.

so I’m assuming they’d need to see proof of my qualifications and for quickness in guessing a PLR would be a good thing to show them

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/how-to-access-your-personal-learning-record

It only goes back to 2012
Original post by Musicgirl97

You need to ask them if it’s enough or whether it’s enough while you wait for your copies of certificates
Reply 5

Yeah it’s literally ideal for me as I took my exams 2012-2013 my GCSE’s, so that’s not a problem for me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending