The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9560
Original post by justinawe
:lol: well, I've never actually been to Melbourne before, so hopefully it's as good as people say it is!

I'm sure it will be :yep:

offer holder day booked for Exeter :woo:
Reply 9561
Original post by Sheel1
Capture.JPG

How do I find all the odd vertices??? My teacher doesn't explain it well and Mymaths doesn't say it > :C

EDIT: How do they get the vertices and stuff like that so they can plot it on a table

Count the number of lines coming out of each vertex, or letter. For example, B has 3 lines coming out of it, so it is an odd vertex. You do that for all of the letters, and then all the numbers with an odd number of lines (3,5,7 lines, etc.) are the odd vertices.

Hope that helps.
Hey any physicists know why a muon has a longer trail in a cloud chamber, than a pie+ meson ? Thanks
Original post by Dolanja
Count the number of lines coming out of each vertex, or letter. For example, B has 3 lines coming out of it, so it is an odd vertex. You do that for all of the letters, and then all the numbers with an odd number of lines (3,5,7 lines, etc.) are the odd vertices.

Hope that helps.

Thanks so much!!! , I kept guessing them :colondollar: which is the wrong thing to do
Don't think I'll be going to this sixth form... It's big, and my maths messes up and I dont like the chemistry here... :s-smilie:

:reel:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Don't think I'll be going to this sixth form... It's big, and my maths messes up and I dont like the chemistry here... :s-smilie:

What are you on about?
Just came back from my awards evening. Got 3 prizes including the maths one where I got a book titled Fermat's last theorem. Also got my GCSE certificates, but my maths grade ain't on it :s-smilie: annoyed with that.
Do you guys like my new sig. Lyrics from an ellie goulding song :tongue:

That feeling, that doesn't go away, just did. And I walked, a thousand miles, to prove it. And I'm caught, in the crossfire of, my own thoughts. The colour of, my blood is all I see on the rocks; as you sail from me.
Original post by mynameisntbobk
Just came back from my awards evening. Got 3 prizes including the maths one where I got a book titled Fermat's last theorem. Also got my GCSE certificates, but my maths grade ain't on it :s-smilie: annoyed with that.

Reminds me, I need to go collect my certificates sometime soon.

I should get some sort of maths related book too, so I have something to write about on my PS next year :tongue:

And how come your maths grade isn't on it? :eek:
Reminds me too about something:
I'm getting 3 edexcel awards (high achiever, 2nd world prize in chem and 5th in ICT) and my twin brother's getting three more.
:biggrin:
Quite a lot of certificates. Do they give books goo in edexcel awards ceremonies?

Posted from Android app. How do I have my username changed?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 9570
school reunion today:')
it's going to be weird
Original post by S4LM4N
school reunion today:')
it's going to be weird

It hasn't even been a year :tongue:

Anyone know why polar bonds are not necessarily polar?:smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Melissajanex
Anyone know why polar bonds are not necessarily polar?:smile:

I think it's because they are symmetrical when they are drawn as a shape and so the dipoles cancel or something like that.

Original post by justinawe
Reminds me, I need to go collect my certificates sometime soon.

I should get some sort of maths related book too, so I have something to write about on my PS next year :tongue:

And how come your maths grade isn't on it? :eek:

You should :tongue:

I got awarded it :tongue: but yeah, it should be a goof idea.

I don't know. I'm really annoyed by that. Maths is one of the most important GCSEs aswell

That feeling, that doesn't go away, just did. And I walked, a thousand miles, to prove it. And I'm caught, in the crossfire of, my own thoughts. The colour of, my blood is all I see on the rocks; as you sail from me.
what happened to my school awards ceremony???

I went into my previous secondary school yesterday & I asked to collect my GCSE's certificate,
my secretary told me to come back on the awards evening? Jw is the awards ceremony definitly
In November? If you dont turn up would they just post your certificates to you? :frown:

Btw what's this about people getting prizes? Honestly, I would just like to go in collect my certificates & go home.
I don't have time to spend sharing life stories etc in ceremonies. :cool:
Original post by Anonymous #2
I think it's because they are symmetrical when they are drawn as a shape and so the dipoles cancel or something like that.

Ah yes Thankyou:smile:

Original post by XxKingSniprxX
what happened to my school awards ceremony???

I went into my previous secondary school yesterday & I asked to collect my GCSE's certificate,
my secretary told me to come back on the awards evening? Jw is the awards ceremony definitly
In November? If you dont turn up would they just post your certificates to you? :frown:

Btw what's this about people getting prizes? Honestly, I would just like to go in collect my certificates & go home.
I don't have time to spend sharing life stories etc in ceremonies. :cool:

I didn't go to mine, I just collected them the week after:smile:

I am in quite a bad position, I went to submit my application to do C1 in January but now my school knows about people wanting to do it in January and told us there will be severe consequences for people who do it externally. The problem is that as the law has changed and we cannot do any retakes I am worried that if I don't do my C1 in January then I will have too many exams in June and won't be properly prepared for all of them. Anyone have any advice?
Original post by shyamshah
I am in quite a bad position, I went to submit my application to do C1 in January but now my school knows about people wanting to do it in January and told us there will be severe consequences for people who do it externally. The problem is that as the law has changed and we cannot do any retakes I am worried that if I don't do my C1 in January then I will have too many exams in June and won't be properly prepared for all of them. Anyone have any advice?

honestly i would just sit c1 maths externally as a private candidate.
The bigger picture is that it would allow you to have more time to focus
on your june exams which have more priority.. :wink:

Latest