The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Thanks all. :smile:
What has everyone done with all their CGP revision books? I could do with getting some cash out of selling them, but none on eBay seem to be selling. I figured this sort of time would be a good time to sell as the new academic year is stating? Well, if anyone know a better website/place to sell them that would be great.
When is everyones enrollment day?
have you bought your stationery yet, im planning to buy mine on wednesday :bumps:

have you got ur sixth-form college lesson timetable yet?
Should i remark R.E unit 1 i got 83/100 and unit 2 i got 95/100 = 178/200 2 ums
marks of an A* ? :doh:

Should I remark ICT GCSE I got 54/80 (54=B) on theory exam but on the coursework I
got 83/120 = (84=B) Overall I got a C with 1 Mark of a B from coursework that dropped me.
:unimpressed:

Should I remark English Literature I got a D... Wasn't feeling well that day but on my results
slip it just says my grade overall but not the unit exams such as poetry(40%) and the 2 novel books(60%). :unsure:
Pandora! Look WJEC on the BBC website for their English Language marking! :biggrin: so my whining wasn't uncalled for! :biggrin:
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Should i remark R.E unit 1 i got 83/100 and unit 2 i got 95/100 = 178/200 2 ums
marks of an A* ? :doh:

Should I remark ICT GCSE I got 54/80 (54=B) on theory exam but on the coursework I
got 83/120 = (84=B) Overall I got a C with 1 Mark of a B from coursework that dropped me.
:unimpressed:

Should I remark English Literature I got a D... Wasn't feeling well that day but on my results
slip it just says my grade overall but not the unit exams such as poetry(40%) and the 2 novel books(60%). :unsure:

What are your other grades like?
If there normally like A*/A/B then I would deffo get the English remarked because even if it does go down to an E, if you have As's and B's in everything else then it won't matter too much :smile:
The other ones... I would go for the ICT becauuse it's so close, but the r.e doesn't really matter because A or A* is still really good
Just my opinion x
have you bought your stationery yet, im planning to buy mine on wednesday :bumps:

I enrolled on Friday, I am going Westfield next week so I will buy my clothes and stationery from there. We will get our timetables on the first day back whcih is September 11th :smile:
Original post by ElMoro
My disappearance wasn't my fault this time :tongue: I went I'tikaf for the last 10 days of ramadhan (amazing experience :awesome:) and then went straight to summer school after Eid - although the lectures were boring I met some really nice people there :biggrin: :biggrin:

How was your results? :biggrin: And Eid? :biggrin: :biggrin:

....er...W.O.W. So jel right now ahaha!!
Original post by shadab786ahmed
Pandora! Look WJEC on the BBC website for their English Language marking! :biggrin: so my whining wasn't uncalled for! :biggrin:
It's only about slightly dodgy boundaries though, not completely wrong marking. The boundaries have only really been moved to go down about 1 grade at most, so I don't think every grade is completely the "fault" of the government. Hence the "uncalled for whining" by much of TSR. :wink:
Original post by Pandora.
It's only about slightly dodgy boundaries though, not completely wrong marking. The boundaries have only really been moved to go down about 1 grade at most, so I don't think every grade is completely the "fault" of the government. Hence the "uncalled for whining" by much of TSR. :wink:

Well there were some cases of dodgy marking... Not every grade is wrong but I'm sure mine is :wink: hope for a mass remark :tongue:
Well there were some cases of dodgy marking... Not every grade is wrong but I'm sure mine is :wink: hope for a mass remark :tongue:
A mass remark? Why don't you just get your own remarked instead of hoping everyone else's get messed with?
A mass remark? Why don't you just get your own remarked instead of hoping everyone else's get messed with?

I will :biggrin: but if there's a mass remark then it shows there was something wrong... When people think we are just complaining...

And it won't mess everyone else's up, if they really deserve it it'll stay the same...
I will :biggrin: but if there's a mass remark then it shows there was something wrong... When people think we are just complaining...

And it won't mess everyone else's up, if they really deserve it it'll stay the same...
Fair point. I still think that the "mass" problem is the boundaries rather than dodgy marking, but each to their own.
Fair point. I still think that the "mass" problem is the boundaries rather than dodgy marking, but each to their own.

Hmmm... The boundaries are really low... Eg for full UMS only about 32/40 raw marks is needed... And 28/40 is an A*... Which is why I'm so shocked... I think some places were affected by incorrect marking..
Reply 1734

My enrollment is tomorrow, I've already got my stationery and haven't gotten my time table yet. Really want to know when my frees are. :-)
my friend started college today! eek so very strange ahah :tongue:

hoping i get a good timetable and teachers otherwise the next year is gonna be a real dowwwwwner :frown:
Original post by Deziah
My enrollment is tomorrow, I've already got my stationery and haven't gotten my time table yet. Really want to know when my frees are. :-)

I have no frees, lol.
Reply 1737
I pay 3750 euros per subject from where I study xP--and that is excluding stationary stuff.

Anyways, on op, well, sort of: is it worth creating individual AS threads per subject?
With English, I was expecting two Bs but instead got A* in both! So I'm sure not all of them were badly marked - maybe just a few exam boards. So I'm against a mass remark, just incase mine gets marked down! But if you're not happy with yours, get it remarked, and you'll get the remark fee back if your grade goes up!

My enrollment day was on results day! I preferred it that way, got it all done and dusted!

Original post by Above.The.Empyrean
I have no frees, lol.

oh god, you poor thing! It'll be good when you come out with six though! I'll only have a few frees, cause of taking five, but at least then I'm getting some sort of break!
Original post by Uranus
I pay 3750 euros per subject from where I study xP--and that is excluding stationary stuff.

Anyways, on op, well, sort of: is it worth creating individual AS threads per subject?

How can you afford that?! Wow...

And yeah! I like that idea, then with anyone who's struggling with anything, we can all help each other out, and share revision notes and the like! :smile:

Latest