The Student Room Group

Government and Politics A Level

Scroll to see replies

Haha, I love how this thread keeps getting bumped after two years.

It's my favourite subject, by miles.
Reply 41
liamb
Which Exam Board and which route does that cover?

I'm doing the AQA Unit 2 tomorrow, anyone else out there I wish you all the luck!

1. I found it a very refreshing topic and deeply enjoy it.
2. It goes well with A-level law, becuase they have the same principles in some areas, which helps shrink revision time :smile: a plus i think.
3. I haven't touched them yet, I don't think, I forgot everything from Unit 1 after I left the examing hall. :smile:

Really enjoy though and if I get sufficent grades, I'll like to continue. I think they should study it at GCSEs as well, everyone should know what's happening in their government and such shouldn't they?
Reply 42
Can Gov and Pol be taken in a single year?..or would it be too difficult?...
No idea...

But my first day of it was intense.. but boring..
Reply 44
One of the few subjects that is both interesting and relevant. By far my favourite subject.

Lady Moore
Can Gov and Pol be taken in a single year?..or would it be too difficult?...

I doubt it.
Reply 45
Essay Helpp!
I really need help on an essay question!
'Permanent, politically neutral and anonymous.'
Does the British civil service still reflect these key features?
I need to have some advantages and disadvantages obviously but i need help!
If you know any can you message me pleaseeee ASAP! Thanks xoxo
Reply 46
Does anyone have any notes for AS Politics Edexcel to share? :smile:
Reply 47
lool, this thread has been bumped for three years now. haha
Any tips for the exam then? Have unit 1 tomorrow :smile:
Original post by TotalLifeForever
Any tips for the exam then? Have unit 1 tomorrow :smile:

I've got the exam tomorrow too :biggrin:

Anyway, the advice I've always been given is to give examples. So for example if the first question is...

Q: What is a pressure group?

A: A pressure group is a group of organised people who try and influence the policies of the government. Examples of pressure groups are CBI, TUC and AA etc.
Original post by Cesar Lecat
I've got the exam tomorrow too :biggrin:

Anyway, the advice I've always been given is to give examples. So for example if the first question is...

Q: What is a pressure group?

A: A pressure group is a group of organised people who try and influence the policies of the government. Examples of pressure groups are CBI, TUC and AA etc.

Cheers, that's what they keep drilling into us too! Got to think of lots.

Good luck tomorrow then :smile:
Original post by TotalLifeForever
Cheers, that's what they keep drilling into us too! Got to think of lots.

Good luck tomorrow then :smile:

Same too :smile:

Just hope the questions aren't tough. I'm only aiming to answer the Democracy and Pressure group Questions. I was advised to give Political Parties a miss because the content was too vast and all sorts of different types of difficult questions could come up.
Original post by Cesar Lecat
Same too :smile:

Just hope the questions aren't tough. I'm only aiming to answer the Democracy and Pressure group Questions. I was advised to give Political Parties a miss because the content was too vast and all sorts of different types of difficult questions could come up.

Yeah agree with that, feel that elections and party policies are vast. The other two seem more manageable really. Hope it'll be ok and not too awkward!
hi does anyone have up to date notes on pressure groups and democracy unit 1 edexcel???
I'm thinking about doing Politics, Chemistry, Physics and maths for A level. I was gonna do history but I'm more interested in politics.
For people that are doing both G&P and History: which subject do you prefer? Why? Which is easier?
I didn't do history for GCSE and I want to get into a Russell Group uni and I know they like more traditional subjects like History so I don't know what to do.
Opinions please! :smile:
Reply 55
Original post by mellow-yellow
I do indeed :biggrin:

Hi, I'm also really interested in this subject. Could you send me the entire notes as well please ?
Reply 56
Hi Im at Alevel ,First Year
i just wanted to ask ,
which is harder Physic or Government and Politics
And Which one is better !!?? :cool:
Reply 57
Us government and politics an academic subject? Is it looked down on by top universities or does it have a fairly good reputation? I want to study law at one of the top unis and My A level choices are govt&Pol, History, Sociology and Biology, I need 3 academic, and I dont know if sociology or G&P are academic, any help would be great, thanks x
Reply 58
Original post by Faro_a11
Us government and politics an academic subject? Is it looked down on by top universities or does it have a fairly good reputation? I want to study law at one of the top unis and My A level choices are govt&Pol, History, Sociology and Biology, I need 3 academic, and I dont know if sociology or G&P are academic, any help would be great, thanks x

what do you think the best board is for ideologies. AS
I'm in year 11 now and I'm doing:
Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths, Eng Lang, Eng Lit, History, Geography, Art and French IGCSE

For A level I really want to do
Government and Politics, History, Maths (just to AS as I don't actually like it but it's recommended for PPE), English/Sociology (for fun tbh), and Economics.

Just wondering if:
1) Government and Politics would fit in with my other choices?
2) Government and Politics is regarded highly by Russell group unis?
3) My choices would possibly get me only a PPE course?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending