The Student Room Group

AQA Buss 4 Jan 13

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by pwaweru1
Is it any use to revising from mark schemes?

That's what I was thinking about doing for section B and I'll probably do that.
Reply 21
Original post by NightStrider
Ok - I know about 7 M+As - I'm gonna be focusing on doing past questions. I did a BUSS3 mock and did really well so I wont need to do as well on this.

Yh BUSS 3 is very nice and simple. Hopefully BUSS 4 turns out to be the same too.
Reply 22
Original post by dan94adibi
Yes economical changes such as government's fiscal policy or the bank of England's monetary policy. I hope this comes up just because for the fact that I do economics and it would be easy.

Implementing changes is technically ways the firm can bring these changes such as by changing culture and the right leaders.

I seriously think one of these will come as they have been there in most of the papers.

ahhhh! i find that so hard! hopefully 2nd one comes up! hahaa. you know any others that might come up? how about section A? heard point 5 is likely to be one of the two questions
Reply 23
Yh BUSS 3 is very nice and simple. Hopefully BUSS 4 turns out to be the same too.

what case studies have you learnt? what i find so hard to do is the evaluation!
Reply 24
Original post by Sammie1009
what case studies have you learnt? what i find so hard to do is the evaluation!

I've done all of the exam papers for BUSS 3 and I evaluate as I go along.
For example if I'm talking about investment appraisal I say yh the NVP is positive they should go ahead HOWEVER there are still uncertainties such as the unstable economy and blah blah.

Just give the other side of the argument for your evaluation.
Reply 25
Original post by Sammie1009
ahhhh! i find that so hard! hopefully 2nd one comes up! hahaa. you know any others that might come up? how about section A? heard point 5 is likely to be one of the two questions

Point 5 and Point 2 is what I'm going for. I'll have a quick look at the third one too, but won't do much on it just in case if the other two don't come up at least I have something to talk about.

I hope 2 comes for section A.
Straight forward although 5 is not bad either.
Reply 26
Can anyone remember the questions that came up in June 2012?
Reply 27
Original post by Indyy
Can anyone remember the questions that came up in June 2012?

My teacher is send me the paper tomorrow, I'll take a picture and upload it here!
Reply 28
My teacher is send me the paper tomorrow, I'll take a picture and upload it here!

Cheers!
Original post by Indyy
Cheers!

JUN 12

1. With reference to your own research and the item above (information on AT&T's blocked deal for T-mobile) to what extent do you think that governments should prevent takeovers and mergers.

2. with reference to your own research and the item above, do you think that takeovers and mergers inevitably improve the performance of the businesses? justify your answer

3. Do you think that businesses should avoid changing their strategies because of the risks involved?

4. To what extent is targeting emerging markets for sales the best way for businesses to achieve a major growth in their profits?

5. To what extent do you think that the culture of an organization determines its financial success in a changing external environment?

Hope that helps

JUN 12

1. With reference to your own research and the item above (information on AT&T's blocked deal for T-mobile) to what extent do you think that governments should prevent takeovers and mergers.

2. with reference to your own research and the item above, do you think that takeovers and mergers inevitably improve the performance of the businesses? justify your answer

3. Do you think that businesses should avoid changing their strategies because of the risks involved?

4. To what extent is targeting emerging markets for sales the best way for businesses to achieve a major growth in their profits?

5. To what extent do you think that the culture of an organization determines its financial success in a changing external environment?

Hope that helps
Reply 31
Cheers I still have the paper if anyone wants to see.
Question 5 isn't that bad. If I had to the exam last summer that's the one I would have gone for.
Cheers I still have the paper if anyone wants to see.
Question 5 isn't that bad. If I had to the exam last summer that's the one I would have gone for.

no worrys,

im guesing you are sitting this exam in Jan?
Reply 33
Original post by rickpatel89
no worrys,

im guesing you are sitting this exam in Jan?

Yh, really nervous.
I have pretty much got my section A sorted out so now time for section B.
Yh, really nervous.

hey dont be!

just remember detail is key, develop a few ideas instead of briefly mentioning many studies in an attempt to impress the examiner.

Also reading and interpreting the question carefully is crucial to remain focused on the task at hand.

And try to evaluate throughout the essay as 28/80 marks are for evaluation it is unlikely that you can get into the top band by simply only having a concluding paragraph. try to add a little evaluation at the end of every paragraph, as well as the conclusion.
Yh, really nervous.

for section B you mainly need to read a revision guide or 2 as that is the part testing 'the business environment and managing change'

which section are your more comfortable with ?
Reply 36
for section B you mainly need to read a revision guide or 2 as that is the part testing 'the business environment and managing change'

which section are your more comfortable with ?

Well I have technically done my section A and I'm 100% ready and comfortable with that.

I have read the book 3-4 times but I still struggle with few of the questions.
Well I have technically done my section A and I'm 100% ready and comfortable with that.

I have read the book 3-4 times but I still struggle with few of the questions.

Fair enough,

well you have some time yet to improve any areas you feel weak in over the next few days

You wouldn't happen to be able to do me a favour by any chance, Could you email me the questions that come up in Buss4 next week?
Reply 38
Fair enough,

well you have some time yet to improve any areas you feel weak in over the next few days

You wouldn't happen to be able to do me a favour by any chance, Could you email me the questions that come up in Buss4 next week?

Sure, I'll try to remember them if I can. :biggrin: and yh this is perhaps my biggest weekend ever.

Tomorrow S2 I have 3 exams on Tuesday and then BUSS 4 on Thursday and then C3 and C4 Friday and Monday. Killer of a week.
Sure, I'll try to remember them if I can. :biggrin: and yh this is perhaps my biggest weekend ever.

Tomorrow S2 I have 3 exams on Tuesday and then BUSS 4 on Thursday and then C3 and C4 Friday and Monday. Killer of a week.

wow that is pretty crazy, i suppose thats the problem with january exams, they are so close together.

How comes your doing so many in jan anyway? are you a private candidate?

Thanks for that, i wouldn't have asked but i am going to africa for over 3months and wont have access to the internet :eek: and i am doing this exam in june (Although Section A will be different), and all i will have is my revision guides.

Funnily enough i am actually going on the 24th around Midday, so do you think you could let me know by then? I can drop you a gentle reminder on the 23rd just in case you forget. I understand remembering all of it would be difficult, but if you could just give me a gist or flavour of what topics come up i would be most grateful

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending