The Student Room Group

retaking Year 13 due to missing Year 12

context: missed 3/4 of Year 12 due to an eating disorder (and physically wasnt allowed on the premises due to said eating disorder) but continued to go into Year 13 but didnt receive therapy until March and now im just completely burnt out and overwhelmed. Missed most of my Year 13 mocks due to anxiety and now feel like i cant complete the finals
i want to go into veterinary medicine at Bristol, Glasgow or Cambridge but i wonder how this would affect my chances due to the extra 3rd year.
i was predicted A/ A* but now i'm a mess

will retaking the entire year mess up my chances of Bristol ?
would universities bother to look at the my explanation ?
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by strwberrynewts
context: missed 3/4 of Year 12 due to an eating disorder (and physically wasnt allowed on the premises due to said eating disorder) but continued to go into Year 13 but didnt receive therapy until March and now im just completely burnt out and overwhelmed. Missed most of my Year 13 mocks due to anxiety and now feel like i cant complete the finals
i want to go into veterinary medicine at Bristol, Glasgow or Cambridge but i wonder how this would affect my chances due to the extra 3rd year.
i was predicted A/ A* but now i'm a mess

will retaking the entire year mess up my chances of Bristol ?
would universities bother to look at the my explanation ?

Talk to your school - this should be in their reference. I would contact departments you are thinking of applying to and see what they say.
Original post by Muttley79
Talk to your school - this should be in their reference. I would contact departments you are thinking of applying to and see what they say.

i was offered a place back in Jan due to my worsening mental health
im more so worried about my chances of getting into university :/
Reply 3
i was offered a place back in Jan due to my worsening mental health
im more so worried about my chances of getting into university :/

Try to focus on your health :smile:
Original post by Muttley79
Try to focus on your health :smile:

thank you, sorry can i ask 1 more Q ?
if i were to resit my A-levels would i resit them all in June 2024 ? (im not quite sure how A-level resits work)

if you can answer dont worry !!
i appreciate your kind words !! :heart:
Reply 5
thank you, sorry can i ask 1 more Q ?
if i were to resit my A-levels would i resit them all in June 2024 ? (im not quite sure how A-level resits work)

if you can answer dont worry !!
i appreciate your kind words !! :heart:

Yes - you can only resit linear Alevels in June [if you are in England] :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest