The Student Room Group

AQA Buss 4 Jan 13

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
alright tbf, did you do questions 1 and 5?
sorry what questions were they again?

Original post by SMGColey
alright tbf, did you do questions 1 and 5?
Hi, how much did you write for each?
Q5 was on ethics btw
Original post by dan94adibi
Yes, my teacher believes 2 and 5 are likely to come up!

I suddenly feel a bit more confident about this exam than I did 2 weeks ago!

hi what topics did you choose to do?
Reply 64
sd
(edited 11 years ago)
hey what did you do for section a?

Original post by DannyMacdonald
Hi, how much did you write for each?
Q5 was on ethics btw
I found the exam okay. The first section was straightforward and I felt this went well as I did lots of research prior to the exam. What did people think of section b and which qs did they do?
Original post by rickpatel89
hey what did you do for section a?

I did Q2 and did 3 points for why efficiency wasnt the main reason, 2 why it was and a conclusion:-
Against = -Profits (Tata and JLR)
- Target Emerging markets
- Help achieve corporate objectives (Kraft and Cadbury)
For = -Helps businesses lower costs
- Cost synergies
hey what did you do section a?

Original post by jacktomos95
I found the exam okay. The first section was straightforward and I felt this went well as I did lots of research prior to the exam. What did people think of section b and which qs did they do?
Original post by DannyMacdonald
I did Q2 and did 3 points for why efficiency wasnt the main reason, 2 why it was and a conclusion:-
Against = -Profits (Tata and JLR)
- Target Emerging markets
- Help achieve corporate objectives (Kraft and Cadbury)
For = -Helps businesses lower costs
- Cost synergies

Sounds good to me. How much u write for evaluation? Also what u do for section b? :smile:
hey what did you do section a?

Hi, for section A i did the stakeholders qs as there was loads to say and I did a practice qs in the style of it. For sect b I did CSR. What about yourself? :smile:
Reply 71
hi, how did you find that? what did you do?

I didn't like the paper.

I done Q2 on the Reasons/Motives and Q5 about Ethics. The only thing i revised for Section B was Technology, Culture and Leadership.....!

Hbu?
Reply 72
I went for question 1 and 3. It was an extremely good exam!
Reply 73
I went for question 1 and 3. It was an extremely good exam!

i did 3 and felt like i was doing more of an economics exam then business, even talked about schumpeter
Reply 74
Original post by tans8701
i did 3 and felt like i was doing more of an economics exam then business, even talked about schumpeter

Yup.
I felt like I was doing my AS macro economic exam and that's why I chose it and I showed off by drawing graphs and ect. :biggrin:
Although I did mentioned technology (internet) briefly too.

What about the research? Which one did you go for!?

Doing Economic really helped with this exam. especially that even the research was on M&T so in some cases I talked about the role of the competition commission and some monopoly powers and ect.

Overall MUCH better than I thought I'll do 2 weeks ago!
Reply 75
Yup.
I felt like I was doing my AS macro economic exam and that's why I chose it and I showed off by drawing graphs and ect. :biggrin:
Although I did mentioned technology (internet) briefly too.

What about the research? Which one did you go for!?

Doing Economic really helped with this exam. especially that even the research was on M&T so in some cases I talked about the role of the competition commission and some monopoly powers and ect.

Overall MUCH better than I thought I'll do 2 weeks ago!

i went for 2, talked about emerging markets, cost synergies, retrenchment, used santander, microsoft, de beers, jlr,

i felt myself repeating stuff a little.

what examples did you use for 3

yh i wish i had done a graph or two, but thats minor really
Reply 76
Original post by Indyy
I didn't like the paper.

I done Q2 on the Reasons/Motives and Q5 about Ethics. The only thing i revised for Section B was Technology, Culture and Leadership.....!

Hbu?

what examples did you use for q2 i did q3
Reply 77
i went for 2, talked about emerging markets, cost synergies, retrenchment, used santander, microsoft, de beers, jlr,

i felt myself repeating stuff a little.

what examples did you use for 3

yh i wish i had done a graph or two, but thats minor really

Well that was the beauty about question 3. It said with reference to to external factors and/or companies you know.

So you didn't really have to give any examples although I talked about JJB Sport going into admin and comet.
Reply 78
Well that was the beauty about question 3. It said with reference to to external factors and/or companies you know.

So you didn't really have to give any examples although I talked about JJB Sport going into admin and comet.

yh i saw that and thought this is to good to be true, my general conclusion was that the uk is pretty ****ed, did you concur?
Reply 79
yh i saw that and thought this is to good to be true, my general conclusion was that the uk is pretty ****ed, did you concur?

Same I said although there was growth in the last quarter of 2012 but this was mainly due to olympics and there are forecasts of economical contraction for 2013.
This damages the business and consumer confidence and hence will put UK firms in danger and also at a competitive disadvantage in the global markets.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending