The Student Room Group

In a sticky situation (predicted grade troubles).

Long story short, I need ABB/AAC/AAB to get on to more or less all of my desired courses (BBB for the one). I'm studying Spanish/RS/Law and have been predicted ABC in all three, respectively. Here's the thing...

I'm only seven marks below an A in RS at the moment and I'm confident that it's the grade I'll end up with. Two years ago, I was out of school and literally mooching off my parents, due to personal issues. I've done well to get myself to where I am now, and I'm desperate to get into university - why can't my teacher just predict me an A in RS? It's unfair, she's a new teacher and she doesn't know me. We haven't even given any work in yet, so she has no idea what I'm like. I asked her and was borderline begging for her to up the grade but she seemed really reluctant to do so. The form's not due in for a few weeks so I've still got a chance to impress her, but this whole B thing is really getting me down. I won't get any offers for where I want to go with that.

Do universities offer conditionals that are higher than your predicted grades? Do I stand a chance of getting into any of my desired Unis? Should I just give up? Help. :frown:
A university could give you an offer higher than your predicted grades, although I'm not sure how often this happens. You still have a chance.
Don't give up! Do some extra work - an exam question essay or something - at A grade standard and ask her to have a look. Just prove that you can get that A and you will get it :yep:
Reply 2
Original post by Alexandra's Box
A university could give you an offer higher than your predicted grades, although I'm not sure how often this happens. You still have a chance.
Don't give up! Do some extra work - an exam question essay or something - at A grade standard and ask her to have a look. Just prove that you can get that A and you will get it :yep:

Thanks for the swift reply.

That last bit is what concerns me - surely any offers made will be based on the predicted grades, not the actual grades? An A in the end will be worth nothing if the decide against giving me a conditional because I had a B instead of an A predicted. :work:
Original post by FlickerWick
Thanks for the swift reply.

That last bit is what concerns me - surely any offers made will be based on the predicted grades, not the actual grades? An A in the end will be worth nothing if the decide against giving me a conditional because I had a B instead of an A predicted. :work:

Do a past paper or an essay question for your teacher. I think what the reply means is your teacher will predict you an A if she sees you are capable of it. You need to prove it to her first to get predicted an A, and once you have your offers you need to get the A.
Reply 4
Your teacher used your AS results as the indication of predicted grade. Yes, you might be only 4 marks from A but even if you get the 4 marks, it will still be a low A, some schools ask their student to resit even they have low A marks. In general, A2 is harder than AS, hence the B as predicted grade. Uni. will also look at your AS results to see if the predicted grades are realistic. Your school report on you make a big difference if you will get a offer, they can say you are capable etc. So try to get the school on your side. Spend more time on your personal statement.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending