The Student Room Group

DDE in A-Levels with Unconditional Offer

Hi there. It’s gonna be a quite lengthy one. So initially I got a 4 in GCSE English Language. This was at 2021 where there was teacher assessed grades. I would have got a 3 but I panicked during the exam as that was the subject I was focusing on the most since I was bad at it. So my teacher push that to a 4 which is a pass. If I did the real exam I would have got a 3. Initially I choose to do A-Levels but my head of sixth form allowed me to do A-Level and even though he should of understood that it was going to be too hard for me since I needed a 6 in English Language. Also for my other subjects I got grade 6 above equivalent to a B. Fast forward 2 years later, I completed my A-Levels. My panicking has worsened over the years especially when I can’t think of the right answer during an exam. This has impacted my grades and my exam performance. I was predicting that I was going to get CDE/DDD/CDD. However I was wrong and actually got worser grades. I got DEE which really shocked me. I am in a complete lost situation. I was meant to be put through clearing however I wasn’t given that I have received an UNCONDITIONAL offer to study accounting. This was because how I was predicted ABC and the entry requirement for accounting was BBC. I am not sure what to do if I go onto first year I might find it difficult and may not end up getting a good grade because I definitely need no lower than 2:1 to compensate my disadvantage of low A-Level grades as well as doing a placement but it may impact my chances of even getting a placement due to the grades that I got. It’s also unfair for others as realistically I should be doing a foundation year rather than going straight to first year. If I do a foundation year I am not sure if it’s worth the time and money. I did Economics, Maths and Computer Science in which I severely regret but I feel like it won’t be something that will be beneficial or new. If I choose to repeat my A-Levels I just feel like I am certain that I will go through that exam anxiety I have especially when I fear that the same thing may occur and it may just be a whole waste of time. Not to mention that I cannot be certain if they will give me an unconditional offer. Even now when I think of the work I put in it’s like it’s haunting and a nightmare come true. I am a slow understander and with my exam anxiety this has impacted my grades severely.

Now I am not sure what I should do. I might initially go to first year check out what I am going to learn and if I feel like I will struggle change it and go to foundation but usually first year is chill it’s only later on that things get intense. As I do remember in my first year of A Levels I got ABE.

The main reason that I am scared is how it will impact my employability as the grade I get in my degree will impact my employability levels. As I am in sticky situation I must get a good grade at the end of my degree. If I do choose to do retake my A-Levels then I can maybe get some mental support but this will mean I may not receive an unconditional offer for next year and it may just be a waste of time if the same thing happens. As to be honest my 2 years spent doing A Level has been a waste of time.

I am thinking of lots of what-it situations tbh. So what would you advise me to do. Getting DEE in A-Levels: choose to go to first year, do a foundation year or retake A-Levels. My end goal is to get now lower than 2:1.

Sorry, I hope u understand my situation.
I would take the offer and go to uni..
Reply 2
wow
Reply 3
can i get some advise plz.
Reply 4
literally soo lost.
Original post by zayn_24
Hi there. It’s gonna be a quite lengthy one. So initially I got a 4 in GCSE English Language. This was at 2021 where there was teacher assessed grades. I would have got a 3 but I panicked during the exam as that was the subject I was focusing on the most since I was bad at it. So my teacher push that to a 4 which is a pass. If I did the real exam I would have got a 3. Initially I choose to do A-Levels but my head of sixth form allowed me to do A-Level and even though he should of understood that it was going to be too hard for me since I needed a 6 in English Language. Also for my other subjects I got grade 6 above equivalent to a B. Fast forward 2 years later, I completed my A-Levels. My panicking has worsened over the years especially when I can’t think of the right answer during an exam. This has impacted my grades and my exam performance. I was predicting that I was going to get CDE/DDD/CDD. However I was wrong and actually got worser grades. I got DEE which really shocked me. I am in a complete lost situation. I was meant to be put through clearing however I wasn’t given that I have received an UNCONDITIONAL offer to study accounting. This was because how I was predicted ABC and the entry requirement for accounting was BBC. I am not sure what to do if I go onto first year I might find it difficult and may not end up getting a good grade because I definitely need no lower than 2:1 to compensate my disadvantage of low A-Level grades as well as doing a placement but it may impact my chances of even getting a placement due to the grades that I got. It’s also unfair for others as realistically I should be doing a foundation year rather than going straight to first year. If I do a foundation year I am not sure if it’s worth the time and money. I did Economics, Maths and Computer Science in which I severely regret but I feel like it won’t be something that will be beneficial or new. If I choose to repeat my A-Levels I just feel like I am certain that I will go through that exam anxiety I have especially when I fear that the same thing may occur and it may just be a whole waste of time. Not to mention that I cannot be certain if they will give me an unconditional offer. Even now when I think of the work I put in it’s like it’s haunting and a nightmare come true. I am a slow understander and with my exam anxiety this has impacted my grades severely.

Now I am not sure what I should do. I might initially go to first year check out what I am going to learn and if I feel like I will struggle change it and go to foundation but usually first year is chill it’s only later on that things get intense. As I do remember in my first year of A Levels I got ABE.

The main reason that I am scared is how it will impact my employability as the grade I get in my degree will impact my employability levels. As I am in sticky situation I must get a good grade at the end of my degree. If I do choose to do retake my A-Levels then I can maybe get some mental support but this will mean I may not receive an unconditional offer for next year and it may just be a waste of time if the same thing happens. As to be honest my 2 years spent doing A Level has been a waste of time.

I am thinking of lots of what-it situations tbh. So what would you advise me to do. Getting DEE in A-Levels: choose to go to first year, do a foundation year or retake A-Levels. My end goal is to get now lower than 2:1.

Sorry, I hope u understand my situation.

You could do an apprenticeship/degree apprenticeship, I think it’s a better alternative than retaking in case you experience exam anxiety again. There’s also a lot related to finance, it might take a while to get accepted to one because of competition but I heard applications open every 6 months and there’s literally so many opportunities available.

Main pros of apprenticeships/degree apprenticeships:
- you earn a salary
- you gain a lot of experience alongside studying for a degree
- you have a higher chance of working for the same company (so employability isn’t a big of a worry)

If missing out on the uni social life might be an issue, I heard pwc let’s you stay in accommodation for the first year in their partner unis (this might be the case with other apprenticeship opportunities too).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending