The Student Room Group

sticky situation of my predicted grades and aspiration

i am in year 13 right now and right now my predicted grades are acc a(econ) c in maths and physics and am applying for econ bsc. i know right now im in a bad spot but if i manage to get good final grades like aab with the b in physics which is unrelated and re apply to uni with entry requirements aaa will i get in or is clearing a good option
Reply 1
i am in year 13 right now and right now my predicted grades are acc a(econ) c in maths and physics and am applying for econ bsc. i know right now im in a bad spot but if i manage to get good final grades like aab with the b in physics which is unrelated and re apply to uni with entry requirements aaa will i get in or is clearing a good option
Hi,

It is my understanding that the university will confirm places for all students who have achieved the entry requirements primarily. If they have vacant places remaining they may then consider students who have narrowly missed the entry requirements, in which case it is possible for you to still get accepted on your chosen course. However, the chances of this happening are low especially if you are applying for a course that is competitive, with a high number of applicants. It all depends on chance.

Clearing definitely is an option. It can be quite stressful- make sure you’ve made relevant preparations beforehand, you can find more information online when the time comes. Alternatively, you could retake the A level which does not match the entry requirements and apply for the following year, if you decide you really want to attend a specific university.

Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by ramare23

Economics is currently one of thee most competitive subjects and you probably wont get offers with a C predictedin Maths. If you were to get AAB you meet get offers through clearing but that will depend whether that particular university is in clearing,
Reply 4
You are applying for Economics - and you are predicted a C grade in Maths.
This means you can forget any Uni wanting Maths at A grade, and probably at B grade.

Look at the Unis asking for UCAS points - or work you socks off this year to get the best grades you can (really work, dont just play at it), and then apply next year with achieved grades.
Reply 5
Original post by McGinger
You are applying for Economics - and you are predicted a C grade in Maths.
This means you can forget any Uni wanting Maths at A grade, and probably at B grade.

Look at the Unis asking for UCAS points - or work you socks off this year to get the best grades you can (really work, dont just play at it), and then apply next year with achieved grades.

even if i work my socks off is it true unis look at reapplicants differently?
Reply 6

While UCAS doesn't explicitly tell universities you're applying as a 2nd time applicant when paired with the part of the application with the report of your achieved grades it is noticeable that you're a 2nd time applicant. If your achieved grades are up to par you should be fine as long as it isn't a massively subscribed course. If it is you might need to get a little freaky in the sheets if you get what I mean? 🤣
Reply 7

Some 'top' Unis might so its worth checking, but the majority of Unis are fine with resits.

I wouldn’t worry about it unless the uni has specified they don’t accept resits e.g a lot of medicine courses. If they haven’t specified you should be fine. Someone has already said this but UCAS doesn’t inform the uni you’re applying a second time but they may find out through other means.

I actually applied to the same uni twice since I resit some exams and I got accepted on a masters pharmacy degree, so don’t sweat it. You’ll be fine.
Reply 9

I'm not sure why people are referring to resits when you would be a reapplicant - applying with achieved grades. In that case almost never an issue.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending