The Student Room Group

How did your school decided predicted grades?

Basically the title. Was it mocks? And if that is the case then was it one grade above the mocks. Or no.
Original post by Rainyzack
Basically the title. Was it mocks? And if that is the case then was it one grade above the mocks. Or no.

Mock grades and then they predict what your likely to get some schools increase the mock grade by 3 (so if you got a 4 they would predict you 7) but some schools look at a range of mocks, class work, homework and then determine what your likely to get and it will be very close to your target grade (but might not always be) for the schools to predict you 2 or 3 grades higher they need enough evidence because apparently if they predict the student too high and they can't achieve it the teacher might get into trouble.
our school made their own mock exams with mixed questions from the last 10 years of exams. that then decided what we got
Original post by MedApplicantttt
our school made their own mock exams with mixed questions from the last 10 years of exams. that then decided what we got

never heard that before but every school does grades and exams differently
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by idkidkidkidk101
never heard that before but every school does grades and exams differently

lol, ik rlly weird. tbh it's rlly common, they did it so ppl don't cheat and buy 2022 papers etc.
My school did some "official" mocks, and some self-made. They also used NEA's, in-class assessments and general classwork.
our school made mock exams from past papers and then decided our predicted grades based on our performance on the mocks and in class assessments. so basically if you got an A on your mocks but you were working at a D through the year then you wouldn't have been predicted an A
My daughter's sixth form college gives predicted grades of 1 grade higher than May CAP test results.
Original post by Rainyzack

generally 1 grade above mock grades. however maths didnt give anyone below a B (which would've been like 30 students) and if you showed you were putting in more effort and improving, or asked nicely then they could give you another grade higher.

my teachers described ucas grades as 'the best possible grades we could achieve on our best day' and gave us those grades
lol, ik rlly weird. tbh it's rlly common, they did it so ppl don't cheat and buy 2022 papers etc.

thats actually clever coz when i was in year 11 we didn't do GCSE's just mini class tests and everyone found the maths paper so they had to make their own. I think there should be one system for mocks so that all schools in England can follow that btw where you from in the UK?
thats actually clever coz when i was in year 11 we didn't do GCSE's just mini class tests and everyone found the maths paper so they had to make their own. I think there should be one system for mocks so that all schools in England can follow that btw where you from in the UK?

yhh, same here with the gcse situation loooll. and i'm from birmingham, wbu?
yhh, same here with the gcse situation loooll. and i'm from birmingham, wbu?

I'm from Manchester r u currently doing A levels or mock exams?
I'm from Manchester r u currently doing A levels or mock exams?

nicee, and yhh my alevels are next week :/ when are urs and what alevels do you do
nicee, and yhh my alevels are next week :/ when are urs and what alevels do you do

I do A level Business & English Language i've done 2 exams and have 3 left coz i do BTEC IT
Wbu? sound like you do sciences and maths?
I do A level Business & English Language i've done 2 exams and have 3 left coz i do BTEC IT
Wbu? sound like you do sciences and maths?

nicee, how have they went so far?
and yep, ur right, i do bio chem and maths :frown: are you off to uni this year?
nicee, how have they went so far?
and yep, ur right, i do bio chem and maths :frown: are you off to uni this year?

They've been alright so far ... they've been giving nice questions
Good Luck with your exams :smile:
Yes i'm hopefully going uni this year (hopefully Manchester metroplitan Uni)
Wbu? r u going Uni?

Quick Reply

Latest