The Student Room Group

Does every uni do a physical fitness test

A boy I know said that his Uni did a physical fitness test in the first week, everyone had to participate.

Does every Uni do this. I'm reasonably Unfit, I don't mind exercise, but the thought of my fitness being assessed is humiliating.

:confused:

* Edit: I asked him if he joined any sports clubs or societies, and he said that he can't remember (which I am guessing means that he has, but had forgotten about it.)
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
My uni hasn't :s-smilie:
Why are they doing it ?
Reply 2
I had a maths test at 1pm on the first Monday of Freshers' Week. That was grim.

Never heard of no sports test though! Which course is it? Or is it really the entire university? If so, which university is that?
Reply 3
Deffinitley not love, mine didn't and everyone i've spoken to hasn't had to do it either - in fact i don't think there is one for their unis or mine :smile:
lol no, physical fitness isn't a prerequisite for University.

Are you sure he isn't talking about a sports club or society he's joined...
Original post by Worms
A boy I know said that his Uni did a physical fitness test in the first week, everyone had to participate.

Does every Uni do this. I'm reasonably Unfit, I don't mind exercise, but the thought of my fitness being assessed is humiliating.

:confused:

Either this is a wind up or he is reading something with a heavy physical component of a sports science/outdoor leadership/underwater/off shore placement kind.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending