The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Am I going to be ok?

Hey guys, you’re all probably used to these types of posts by now but I just need some advice :frown:
Got rejected by Cambridge for natsci the other day, and I’m kinda scared for imperial now too since its my 2nd choice. I got 42 predicted from the IB, and a (decent) personal statement ( I got an offer from ucl so can’t be that bad right…?) and I’m lowkey kinda stressed now about the upcoming imperial physics test. Does anyone know how important it is? Can it make my application more competitive?

Thanks, sorry to bother you all!
Reply 1
sorry for not being very direct, since i don't know much about imperial or their physics test, but please don't see a Cambridge rejection as some suggestion that you're 'not good enough' for other universities. An oxbridge rejection is simply because you didn't get into oxbridge, not because your overall application was poor. UCL is a very prestigious university, so it is clear that you are doing something right by getting!! As an oxford reject (for PPE, but still) i can resonate with your concerns, since I was scared i wouldn't get into Warwick, but lo and behold, i got in.
Basically, treat each university outcome individually - one rejection doesn't mean you'll be rejected from somewhere else (even though it might feel that way!!)
good luck :smile:)
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by aloevera4
sorry for not being very direct, since i don't know much about imperial or their physics test, but please don't see a Cambridge rejection as some suggestion that you're 'not good enough' for other universities. An oxbridge rejection is simply because you didn't get into oxbridge, not because your overall application was poor. UCL is a very prestigious university, so it is clear that you are doing something right by getting!! As an oxford reject (for PPE, but still) i can resonate with your concerns, since I was scared i wouldn't get into Warwick, but lo and behold, i got in.
Basically, treat each university outcome individually - one rejection doesn't mean you'll be rejected from somewhere else (even though it might feel that way!!)
good luck :smile:)

I see, thank you for your reply! Ig I’ll just do the best I can with watver I have left and hope for the best 🙂 good luck with your future endeavours too!
You should be hearing from Imperial soon. The entrance exam carries a lot of weight. Oxbridge reject amazing candidates every year who have better A level results, score higher in the entrance exams than those admitted. Its the subjective interview stage where many excellent candidates fail. So I wouldn't read too much into a rejection by Cambridge. UCL is an excellent Uni with a great global ranking - so you already have that as a backup.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending