The Student Room Group

Low uni predictions HELP! :(

hello guys, so i'm applying to do a degree in diagnostic radiography for uni and these are my predicted grades

sociology: B
RE: B
Biology: D

The 2 B'S i'm really happy about its just biology, in which all the uni's want at least C/B .I achieved D Overall in AS( unit 1-B and unit 2-U). The university i'm applying to want at least 280-300 ucas points. My question is, is there any point applying to uni this year?
thank you any advice would be much appreciated
Reply 1
Yeah of course there is, you could smash the grades and regret not applying. I was predicted D's and got an A and two B's in the end, not amazing but better than I thought. I would say make the application, if you don't get the grades life moves on but if you do, everyone's happy??

If you do end up not going this year for whatever reason, it gives you a great chance to spend a year doing other non academic stuff which looks great on your CV.

Good luck :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by wibsdibs
Yeah of course there is, you could smash the grades and regret not applying. I was predicted D's and got an A and two B's in the end, not amazing but better than I thought. I would say make the application, if you don't get the grades life moves on but if you do, everyone's happy??

If you do end up not going this year for whatever reason, it gives you a great chance to spend a year doing other non academic stuff which looks great on your CV.

Good luck :smile:

I am afraid the immediate obstacle it's not if you can smash your pedicted grades or not. Will uni. offer you a place with our AS results and the predicted grades.

You have to ask yourself why did you get a U for unit 2, it will be useful if you can resit the paper. Also, spend time at the preparation of your PS.

Of course you can apply this year providing you are honest to yourself and apply to uni. asking for grades achievable by yourself.
Reply 3
Original post by poony
I am afraid the immediate obstacle it's not if you can smash your pedicted grades or not. Will uni. offer you a place with our AS results and the predicted grades.

You have to ask yourself why did you get a U for unit 2, it will be useful if you can resit the paper. Also, spend time at the preparation of your PS.

Of course you can apply this year providing you are honest to yourself and apply to uni. asking for grades achievable by yourself.

hmm yes i can see your point, thanks, and yep i'm resitting the paper i got a U in, but for a radiography degree all the uni at at least want a C Prediction in biology nothing less

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending