anyone else applying for physics?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Original post by trails
lol, yeah, I can see your point. xD
Sounds good, I'm guessing you play an instrument? Yep, RHUL is the one I most want to go to, as well. Applying for psychology. The department there is amazing!

Ah cool! Same with the music department - and founders' building is just so beautiful! I would love to live in there! Would you go for founders??

Original post by francesw
It has been SIX weeks and still no response :frown:
anyone else applying for physics?

Ditto to this about music or drama (or both)!!!

Reply 103
Original post by KaranS95
Your applying for Maths, so am I..
What other unis are you thinking of apart from royal holloway, would be nice to know from someone else who wants to do math, cant seem to find enough people on here who are thinking of applying for maths.

Yeah I'm applying for maths, its a great subject :-) I've also applied to Nottingham, Lancaster, Warwick and Southhampton. Where else are you thinking of applying to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 104
Original post by lizardsmithy:)
Ah cool! Same with the music department - and founders' building is just so beautiful! I would love to live in there! Would you go for founders??

The building is stunning, but I'd probably stay in one of the other halls, I really like Reid. I really wanted to look inside the rooms, but I didn't get to go on one of the tours; did you go inside to see the accommodation? What was it like?
Original post by trails
The building is stunning, but I'd probably stay in one of the other halls, I really like Reid. I really wanted to look inside the rooms, but I didn't get to go on one of the tours; did you go inside to see the accommodation? What was it like?

I got to see inside founders rooms which were really nice with nice big windows and everything (a bit like a house at a posh boarding school) but otherwise, I only got to see the kitchens of other accommodation because our key didn't work for the rooms. Looked like a comfortable place to live though and quite social - common rooms in founders and shared kitchens elsewhere. Also nice spots like that cow place underground :smile: just looks like such a nice atmosphere :smile:

I got to see inside founders rooms which were really nice with nice big windows and everything (a bit like a house at a posh boarding school) but otherwise, I only got to see the kitchens of other accommodation because our key didn't work for the rooms. Looked like a comfortable place to live though and quite social - common rooms in founders and shared kitchens elsewhere. Also nice spots like that cow place underground :smile: just looks like such a nice atmosphere :smile:

Cow place underground???

Please please please do not apply to study in Royal Holloway University of London, its very bad university.

I am quite sure that studying in RHUL is a complete waste of time and money.

Very bad teachers, very bad supervisors, very bad examiners, very bad accommodation and very expensive area.

So, if you want to waste some more time and money, then go to RHUL?!!
Reply 108
Original post by 1_qwertyuiop_1
Please please please do not apply to study in Royal Holloway University of London, its very bad university.

Very bad teachers, very bad supervisors, very bad examiners, very bad accommodation and very expensive area.

And what are you basing that rubbish claim off?
Ok, just check the link below please:

http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/story.asp?storycode=421057

[h="1"]Examination of mental anguish[/h]

Wow... What's turned you against it so much?!
Some students have waited 3 - 4 months just to get the exam results?!!!!

RHUL said the examiners were too busy ?!!!! So, the students have to wait and waste some more time and money ?!!!!

I am extremely interested in this cow place you speak of! pray tell :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ok, just check the link below please:

http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/story.asp?storycode=421057

[h="1"]Examination of mental anguish[/h]

Ok ive looked.. But in my opinion it cant be generalised.
1. that is one person. It wasnt any other people, he could have done exactly the opposite of what he needed to do
2. The article is one sided - didnt see any quotes from royal holloway themselves on this matter
3. Sorry if im wrong, but sounds like there was a meeting about it and loads of people agreed on this decision? That means that it was a unaminous decision... Meaning it was agreed by alot of people
4. That is only in one degree course / PhD, so again cannot be generalised to the whole university

Just my two cents here :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Please be careful when you apply to Royal Holloway University of London. Its very bad university?

Some students have waited for 3 - 4 months just to get the exam result? So, if you want to waste some more time and money, then go to RHUL?!!
Please be careful when you apply to Royal Holloway University of London. Its very bad university?

Some students have waited for 3 - 4 months just to get the exam result? So, if you want to waste some more time and money, then go to RHUL?!!

Actually ive emailed them quite a few times (i have anxiety so need to ask a few questions) and they have always replied very quickly with good detail and reassuringly, ive never had any problems with support. Granted i do not know their teaching style yet, but i have a friend who does drama there and she has loved it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyway, I just want to advice students about the risk of studying in Royal Holloway University of London ... I have met several students from RHUL and all of them advice about this risk ... they said nice founders and buildings do not means that RHUL is a good university ... There are some good universities in UK such as: Leeds and Liverpool. But, if you or any other friend is sure that RHUL is a good university then go ahead please .....
Anyway, I just want to advice students about the risk of studying in Royal Holloway University of London ... I have met several students from RHUL and all of them advice about this risk ... they said nice founders and buildings do not means that RHUL is a good university ... There are some good universities in UK such as: Leeds and Liverpool. But, if you or any other friend is sure that RHUL is a good university then go ahead please .....

And why exactly should we see your opinion of the uni as the only opinion? Just look at league tables n satisfaction percentages

I also see that you have only just created an account n only posted on here... Funny that...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 118

Well do tell something worthwhile then. Coming here and claiming that it's very bad without giving any details makes it seem like you're on a peronal vendetta because you have been disappointed for some reason and that it doesn't necessarily reflect the feelings of most rhul students. Did you go to rhul? Did you go to some other uni so that you can actually compare?
Why do you think that the teachers are bad? Are every single one of them really rubbish? How does rhul score fairly well at student surveys for teaching then? Why is the accommodation bad? And for the expensiveness of the area, you can't really blame it on rhul.
Original post by megfashion
I am extremely interested in this cow place you speak of! pray tell :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha i'm not exactly sure what it was - well i am but i can't remember what it's called! It was like a clubhouse underground with a big projector to watch films on where you could have a smoothie and sit in one of those cool chairs that hang from the ceiling!

I just remember something about cows... :s

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending