The Student Room Group

Will unis accept me on grades close to the required grades

For the universities that have offered me grade based results rather than ucas tariff point totals have sat at BBC, which is 3/5 of the universities I applied to.

I think i’m much more likely to get BBD/ABD will they still possibly accept?

I haven’t firmed anywhere yet but Bath Spa, Sussex and Royal Holloway are the three.

Sorry guys i’m full of questions,
Thanks!
Possibly, it will be at their discretion whether to accept you as a near miss applicant or not on results day though. Will just need to wait and see! Hopefully you will meet the requirements in the end anyway though :smile:
Original post by greentiger
For the universities that have offered me grade based results rather than ucas tariff point totals have sat at BBC, which is 3/5 of the universities I applied to.

I think i’m much more likely to get BBD/ABD will they still possibly accept?

I haven’t firmed anywhere yet but Bath Spa, Sussex and Royal Holloway are the three.

Sorry guys i’m full of questions,
Thanks!
Outside of the top few universities most will accept slightly dropped grades. It is impossible to be more precise as it is dependent on results and the numbers meeting their offers in any particular university in any given year.

However the evidence shows that most courses end up in clearing every year and a university prefers taking a student slightly below their offer than opting for clearing.

You would be very unlucky if you were rejected 1 grade below with these universities but nobody can say definitely they will accept you.
Reply 3
Just be aware that regardless of your other grades, a D grade will drag down any chance of a 'near miss' accept in August.
Hi there,

Glad to hear that you are considering Royal Holloway. If you have any further questions, you can contact our Admissions team directly here: https://www.royalholloway.ac.uk/applicationquery and they will respond as soon as possible.

Best wishes,

Royal Holloway, University of London Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending