The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Which Uni?

I've been given offers to study law at Royal Holloway, Kent, Essex and Bangor, which one is more worthwhile, which should I pick for my second choice (just in case I have an offer from Durham)! - not really sure on which is more respected so that I can get jobs after!
(edited 4 months ago)
Have you visited them?

Most universities will run offer holder/applicant days in the spring
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Have you visited them?

Most universities will run offer holder/applicant days in the spring

I have not visited all of them, but I don't mind the campus, I just want to make sure that it is actually a respected uni, and that they are high ranking, i'm not sure which one out of these are best!
Hi, I currently study Law and visited loads of law firms and trust me, the emphasis is on your character, grades, and experience not what uni you go to. Go with a uni you like the vibe of, id suggest royal holloway or kent simply because I have friends there and they speak highly of it.
Original post by r3nee.c0
I've been given offers to study law at Royal Holloway, Kent, Essex and Bangor, which one is more worthwhile, which should I pick for my second choice (just in case I have an offer from Durham)! - not really sure on which is more respected so that I can get jobs after!

Hi there

I am a third year law student at Kent. Studying law at Kent is really interesting.

During my first year at Kent, I was really supported with my studies. The degree is structured in a way that eases you in the the course. I was supported by an academic tutor, a student mentor and access to the skills hub's resources. The seminar leaders and lecturers are also really approachable.

In terms of employability, Kent offers employability schemes which gives you opportunities to gain work experience, insight days etc.

When deciding which University to choose, I think you can look at what modules they offer. Different Universities will offer different modules, and it is important to choose a University which allows you to take the modules you want.
I hope this helps.

If you have any questions on studying law at Kent, I will be happy to answer them.
Chloe
University of Kent Student Rep
Hi there,

It's great to hear you’re considering studying Law at Royal Holloway! Our Department of Law and Criminology has a reputation for high quality research and teaching. We understand that employability is an integral outcome of your studies. You can enhance your employability taking part in a wide range of extra-curricular activities within the department, such as mooting, negotiation workshops or our mock courtroom. To find out more about the course and the range of employability opportunities available, you can chat with one of our current Law students here: https://www.royalholloway.ac.uk/chat/

If you’ve received an offer to study with us, look out for your exclusive invitation to join one of our Applicant Visit Days. At your visit you’ll embed yourself in your chosen academic department, taking part in interactive sessions, workshops, talks and taster lectures, as you discover what it's like to study and live here. You can find out more information here: https://www.royalholloway.ac.uk/student-life/visit-royal-holloway/open-days/ .

I hope this helps!

Best wishes,
Royal Holloway, University of London Rep
Original post by r3nee.c0

Hey!

Its great you are looking at Essex as an option for University! 🎓

Here at Essex, our dedication to justice is at the core of our mission. We actively immerse students in the practical application of law, providing opportunities to refine skills through mooting (mock trials), client interviewing, and negotiating competitions. Our Law Clinic and Human Right Clinic offers hands-on experience, allowing students to advise real clients on actual cases, and facilitates networking with visiting law firms throughout the year.

Here at Essex our academics have received special recognition in the house of Lords, and they work with the UN, the UK government, and with EU and foreign governments. We are ranked 49th for Law in THE World University Rankings by subject 2024, which is 9th in the UK 🎖📚

92% of our students go on to work or are in further studies, 15 months after the course. You can always explore career options and advice here! . During your studies in the third year, students explore the industry through our work-based learning module, envisioning themselves at a law firm or local council, to gain invaluable experience to showcase their capabilities and to meet the demands of the legal profession upon graduation.😊

If you have any questions about Essex more generally let me know!

Essex Official Rep - Morgan ✨🎈
(edited 3 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending