The Student Room Group

Singapore Kopitiam

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2960
Original post by iamlovinit05
Ording in June. 3 months more till this crap ends. Can't wait!

I ORD this friday. :biggrin: (your time will come :P)
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by bpbp

haha true true. Sooner or later for everyone i guess.
Original post by bpbp

lol congrats.... bet you can't wait! :wink:
Hey! I'm from S'pore too and your conversation caught my eye.
I'm sitting for my O levels this year, and well, I just want to know what exactly should I do to get a place in Medicine. I would love to go to Oxbridge. ^^
Should I do voluntary work from now itself or just wait till I get into JC or after A-levels?
Reply 2964
Original post by ofssinfoxes
lol congrats.... bet you can't wait! :wink:

Mixed feelings haha, but kinda out of a job :frown:
Reply 2965
Original post by lemmethinkaboutit
Hey! I'm from S'pore too and your conversation caught my eye.
I'm sitting for my O levels this year, and well, I just want to know what exactly should I do to get a place in Medicine. I would love to go to Oxbridge. ^^
Should I do voluntary work from now itself or just wait till I get into JC or after A-levels?

I think you need reallyy good results to get a place in medicine, im not sure about voluntary work though.

To go to oxbridge, book a flight to london then take the coach.
Original post by bpbp
I think you need reallyy good results to get a place in medicine, im not sure about voluntary work though.

To go to oxbridge, book a flight to london then take the coach.

Hahaha, ok. Its just that people keep saying that work experience and all sorts of other things are required besides results, and that A students don't get in (even in NUS) because they haven't done any voluntary work or work experience. Well thanks anyway! :smile:
Anyone going to King's or Imperial for medicine?
Hahaha, ok. Its just that people keep saying that work experience and all sorts of other things are required besides results, and that A students don't get in (even in NUS) because they haven't done any voluntary work or work experience. Well thanks anyway! :smile:

Yes, you will need lots of work experience as a part of your application.
Yes, you will need lots of work experience as a part of your application.

So do you think I should try out working somewhere after my O levels during the December holidays?
Will it be a good idea to start so early?
Original post by jonobebe
whitelily29, me going scotland. its not cheaper lor..

i checked my uni, the hostel is spanking new, opening this year i think.. the price is also first-hand. self catered with a toilet. small room 125 per week, medium rm 135 and studio apartment 140. so iamlovinit05 is really getting a good deal in comparison to mine!!

At UCL, the rates average at 160. It can go up to 200 for the good ones. And maybe 130 for the not so good ones.
Reply 2971
So do you think I should try out working somewhere after my O levels during the December holidays?
Will it be a good idea to start so early?

If you can get relevant work experience that may look good on your personal statement, why not?

Also check out the advice for medicine applicants on the wiki.
Yeah... that sounds like London. Mine's self-catered en-suite at 134 pounds a week. The place is 10 years old though :s-smilie:
Where are you going, btw?

UCL school of pharmacy (:

I actually considered en-suite initially. But paying an extra 40 pounds per week didn't seem like a good deal. I'm totally going for the self-catered route though. So excited to cook my own meals. ^^
Reply 2973
Original post by whitelily29
At UCL, the rates average at 160. It can go up to 200 for the good ones. And maybe 130 for the not so good ones.

that's london what... if its of close proximity to town and shops, i don't even mind small room self-catered. but with me wondering if i will be living on mountain top, self-catered with a average price of 135 is kind of disappointing leh.

UCL fees also not cheap right... so to peg it to the tuition fees, the price for the accomodation is almost expected
(edited 12 years ago)
that's london what... if its of close proximity to town and shops, i don't even mind small room self-catered. but with me wondering if i will be living on mountain top, self-catered with a average price of 135 is kind of disappointing leh.

UCL fees also not cheap right... so to peg it to the tuition fees, the price for the accomodation is almost expected

I never said I wasn't in London (:
That's true.. Which uni in scotland?

Yeahhh, everything's more expensive in London.
Reply 2975
I never said I wasn't in London (:
That's true.. Which uni in scotland?

Yeahhh, everything's more expensive in London.

heriot watt scottish borders campus
Reply 2976
Original post by theil
90% chance I'll be heading to Bristol! Have you started to source for accommodation?

I'm 100% headed to bristol!
heriot watt scottish borders campus

A part of me wants to study in like countryside areas that are not so fast paced. But I can't pull myself away from the draw of London >.<
I'm headed to Sheffield this sept! Any1 headed the same way? First post! :smile:
Reply 2979
A part of me wants to study in like countryside areas that are not so fast paced. But I can't pull myself away from the draw of London >.<

i hope they are not too fast-paced, i really want sometime to explore haha! what u doing now? A levels?

Quick Reply

Latest