The Student Room Group

The most significant person in history?

Who do you think is the most significant individual human being to have ever lived? The person who had more of an impact on history than any other?

If you can't think of one, then who would be the top three?

Scroll to see replies

Peter Zezima
Probably Emperor Constantine?
Jesus or Muhammad. Not gonna expand on whether it was a good or bad impact
/ thread
Reply 4
It has to be Hitler, hello world war I and II...
Reply 5
Isaac Newton.

EDIT: I thought we were talking about actual important people, not religious prophets who may or may not have existed.
(edited 11 years ago)
would probably say Muhammad on account that Jesus's existence is debated. If he did exist it would probably be a toss up between the two.
Reply 7
The first people to migrate out of Africa to populate the world, its on of them I guess.
Reply 8
Original post by Pinkhead
Isaac Newton.

EDIT: I thought we were talking about actual important people, not religious prophets who may or may not have existed.

Significant in terms of science yes, but did he shape the world? I think not.. (he did through physics in a way?)
Abraham, considering all three monotheistic faiths claim him as their father. I'd also suggest Jesus, Muhammad, Plato, and some others.
Reply 10
Original post by Inquisitive Mind
Our saviour Jesus Christ, of course! :heart:

Closely followed by The Prophet, Joseph Smith, who received the restored Gospel and re-established Christ's church on earth.

LOL
Reply 12
On topic, Aristotle.

politics, science, drama, philosophy...the guy did it all.

legend.
Reply 13
Jebussss
Reply 14
Justin Bieber.
Reply 15
Original post by lilyobz
Significant in terms of science yes, but did he shape the world? I think not.. (he did through physics in a way?)

He practically invented calculus and discovered one of the most important laws of physics. Say goodbye to the modern world as you know it without him.

I would also throw in Charles Darwin, without whom certain medical progress would not be possible, to say the least.
(edited 11 years ago)
Einstein?
Reply 17
Adolf Hitler perhaps.

Possibly Jesus, although difficult to know what his actual role was.

Maybe as a Politics student, I'd say Plato.

Tough one!
Reply 18
Jebus.
Reply 19
Original post by Super Cicero
Peter Zezima

I feel kind of pathetic cos I know who that is... :teehee:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending