The Student Room Group

IB Law Subjects

Are these good for Law cause i have two questions 1)if i do AP Economy will it be better
2)if i take turkish to HL and have 4hls will it be even better
HL Bussiness
HL Global Politics
HL English
SL Math
SL Turkish
SL Biology or ESS can’t decide
Reply 1
I would suggest that you stick with 3 HLs because while 4 HLs is possible there is a chance that your grades might drop while trying to balance them all at a higher level and having high scores in 3 HL is far more impressive than mediocre scores in 4.

As for the AP economy, do you mean on top of the IB course? If so, it depends. I assume you're applying to the UK as in the US you would require pre-law, and for Europe/UK I don't think they place as much significance on one AP subject. Keep your focus on your IB grades and (if you're going to the UK) the LNAT exam. If possible in your country look for internships that might have more to do with your course, as they value experience.
Reply 2
Also, I forgot to mention this previously but you might want to double-check if the unis you're aiming for prefer global politics or history, as HL history can also be quite beneficial to take.
Reply 3
HL:bussiness,glopo,english
SL:math,turkish,ess
Should i make ess bio? Would it have a change cause i see many ib students choosing from bio chem or physics? Thanks
(Original post by user23184)I would suggest that you stick with 3 HLs because while 4 HLs is possible there is a chance that your grades might drop while trying to balance them all at a higher level and having high scores in 3 HL is far more impressive than mediocre scores in 4.

As for the AP economy, do you mean on top of the IB course? If so, it depends. I assume you're applying to the UK as in the US you would require pre-law, and for Europe/UK I don't think they place as much significance on one AP subject. Keep your focus on your IB grades and (if you're going to the UK) the LNAT exam. If possible in your country look for internships that might have more to do with your course, as they value experience.
Reply 4
Students typically choose from bio, chem, or physics only if they require it for their course, or to fulfill the science subject requirement. However, for law, no science is required and you're good with either decision. I personally haven't taken ESS but I know that biology can be very content-heavy, so only take it if you're good at memorizing information.
Keep in mind that though no science is required, you do have to achieve a minimum grade in math (the grade will depend on the uni you select)
Reply 5
There are no 'better subjects' as UK Unis do not specify any subject requirements for Law - they just want high grades.
An essay subject is useful for skills but not essential and many IB science students do very well on a Law degree.

Choose subjects you will enjoy studying, and where you feel most confident of high grades.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending