The Student Room Group

OH NO! Blocked from using features of Facebook for 30 days¬!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rmhumphries
Likes are most likely blocked if you are a 'suspected scammer' as likes are used as a measure of advertising effectiveness I believe.

I haven't been scamming though! I can't add people either, it's weird.
Oh noes.
OP I feel your pain man, how on earth will you enjoy christmas without knowing what other people are doing and without seeing pictures of a little kid opening presents their parents have used a wonga loan to buy.

Your christmas and new year is ruined.

Or assuming you have a phone you still have contact with your actual friends. Phew.
Original post by myusername.
I haven't been scamming though! I can't add people either, it's weird.

I am not saying you have been :tongue: Facebook has just decided your behaviour is suspicious, and so has put you in its automated group of 'suspected scammers'. This appears to block things such as sending friend requests (presumably because scammers send multiple friend requests to gain access to more information about people) and 'liking' things as this affects advertisement stats.

You have been unlucky, as you are a false positive in their automated system - I am just explaining why I suspect they have blocked certain features.
Original post by rmhumphries
I am not saying you have been :tongue: Facebook has just decided your behaviour is suspicious, and so has put you in its automated group of 'suspected scammers'. This appears to block things such as sending friend requests (presumably because scammers send multiple friend requests to gain access to more information about people) and 'liking' things as this affects advertisement stats.

You have been unlucky, as you are a false positive in their automated system - I am just explaining why I suspect they have blocked certain features.

Thanks for the response. I guess it's just a matter of waiting until my block has been lifted, 19 days to go...
Omg wtf are you going to do
Original post by superturban
Omg wtf are you going to do

Hey, I'm addicted to Facebook so being blocked from certain features is really annoying!
My 30 day block is supposed to end tomorrow, but I'm worried that it might not for some reason - paranoid?
Apart from the OP, as anyone else had this problem with their Facebook?
It hasn't unblocked. Help!
Hello. I'm having the same problem. I cannot like, post, upload pics of videos or share anything. This started last Monday. It's been a week. I cannot even private message. It's now been a week. I haven't done anything wrong either. Whenever I try to comment on something it says I have been blocked because I have been reported as abusive of spammy. What?? I don't understand either.
Original post by tehforum
If you’ve been blocked by mistake, we won’t be able to end the block early—but you’ll be able to send friend requests again soon. We’re sorry for the inconvenience! In the meantime, you can still use other Facebook features to connect with your confirmed friends.

Wrong. I have been blocked for not only posting messages for a month but I can't use the chat feature or anything. I can only "like' a post. What the hell does that do me?

I am sick and tired of Facebook banning me for a month for defending myself against bullies. And yet when I report these bullies? I get told "We're sorry but this does not violate our policy"? Excuse me? Being harassed does not violate your policy but ME posting that if so and so does not leave me alone they will be reported DOES? what the hell?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending