The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

who else is going to Exeter's James owen court ???

as the title says just looking for some people who are going to the same accommodation :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hello! I am as well:-)
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Original post by ivygoose
Hello! I am as well:-)

amazing!! what subject are you studying??
Reply 3
BA Film and Communications! What about you?
Original post by oxfordthrowaway
amazing!! what subject are you studying??
BA Film and Communications! What about you?

ooh I was always thinking about how interesting that is, like especially trailers like tryna convince ppl to watch a movie (which may be up to 3hrs long) in the span of 2mins. and im doing psych :biggrin:
Hi all,

I'm just posting to say that I stayed in James Owen Court during my first year. If you have any questions about the accommodation I'm more than happy to help!:smile:

Bethan
University of Exeter Student Ambassador
Reply 6
Original post by ExeterStudentRep
Hi all,

I'm just posting to say that I stayed in James Owen Court during my first year. If you have any questions about the accommodation I'm more than happy to help!:smile:

Bethan

Hi! That's great, I have a few questions:

1. Is there underbed storage for cases/etc?
2. The description on the accom website says that JOC is gated, does this mean it is locked from the street?
3. Is it possible to bike between the main campus and JOC? Or is the hill too steep
4. Are the stoves induction or gas?
Hi! That's great, I have a few questions:

1. Is there underbed storage for cases/etc?
2. The description on the accom website says that JOC is gated, does this mean it is locked from the street?
3. Is it possible to bike between the main campus and JOC? Or is the hill too steep
4. Are the stoves induction or gas?

No problem! A little disclaimer - my first year was 4 years ago and apparently certain bits of the accommodation have been changed since so if I say something and its changed by now I'm so sorry!

1. Yes - when I went they provided storage boxes which I kept under my bed alongside my own storage boxes.
2. Yes - in order to get in, there used to be a code or you had to swipe your card on the front entrance gate. Once you're into the courtyard you need your block key to get into your block, and then your flat key to get into your flat (might be different now).
3. Yes - I know loads of people who cycled to and from campus. The hill is quite steep but there's bike racks on the hill so you don't actually have to cycle all the way up it.
4. The stoves are electric.

Let me know if you have any other questions:smile:

Bethan
Reply 8
as the title says just looking for some people who are going to the same accommodation :smile:

I am! Good to know that I'm not the only one who isn't in Lafrowda!
Original post by Lucycarr
I am! Good to know that I'm not the only one who isn't in Lafrowda!

same same I stg everyone is either in lafrowda or birks lmao

i am as well!! honestly i haven’t seen anyone else going to joc 😭 what block are you in??
Original post by scarletttt85
i am as well!! honestly i haven’t seen anyone else going to joc 😭 what block are you in??

im in block D, wbu?
im in block D, wbu?

block A!
Reply 13
I'm B Block!
I'm B Block!

ooh nice, we’re probably quite close!
ooh nice, we’re probably quite close!

feeling so left out being block D 😿😿 jk jk. do you know if there are specific group chats for each block? I wanna ask on the main group chat but idk if its a silly question
Reply 16
I haven't seen any! I'm not sure where they'd be
feeling so left out being block D 😿😿 jk jk. do you know if there are specific group chats for each block? I wanna ask on the main group chat but idk if its a silly question
Hi everyone,

I can see you are interested in joining groupchats for your block. I'm not aware of any but what I did during my first year was join some University of Exeter (2023/2024) pages on Facebook. An admin should give you access and then you can look at all the posts to see if any groupchats for JOC have already been made, or you can post to make one yourself. When I joined there was already a JOC chat so I got added and then we made separate chats for each block too. I'm not sure whether this will be the case this year but there were so many people going to JOC in my first year that I only found out about through the Facebook page and groupchats. It might be worth joining a University of Exeter Facebook page if you have Facebook? I'll let you know if I find any other way to join groupchats:smile:

I hope this helps,

Bethan

wait do you have a link to the main gc? 😭 i have no idea where to find gcs and stuff hahah
wait do you have a link to the main gc? 😭 i have no idea where to find gcs and stuff hahah

https://tinyurl.com/James-Owen-Court?fbclid=IwAR19JpkGLgNge_-tsYx5Z_Z8rfOBUl82Kj1HQpDVOF3M2fyng2goPTsxjwg = for James Owen court
and theres also gc's for select courses, lmk ur course and I can send you the link for the gc (you can find all of them on Facebook but I think you need to request + be approved first so it might take some time)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending