Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How many marks would I get more the energy density one .. I calculated mr as 112 and divided -5700 or what ever it was by 112 = -47 and the did 2 sig fig ... 1 pr 2 marks ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CameronLee)
    Thought this exam ws okay , dropped about 7-8 marks ... What did envy one put for the extra information needed ... No of moles of the hydrocarbon ?
    Nope, Mass of fuel at start of combustion and mass at the end. To calculate mass of fuel burnt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isaacymoose)
    I put mass/volume of hydrocarbon. Which could be used to calculate moles so both could be correct!
    Neither will get the marks. look in the cgp, has to be difference between start and end mass of the fuel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Richyp22)
    Nope, Mass of fuel at start of combustion and mass at the end. To calculate mass of fuel burnt.
    It will be moles to calculate enthalpy change

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    QP:
    https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=h...y-for-life.pdf
    MS:
    https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q...abCxOrbBFvXLlw

For question 3dii is it okay to say the following:
    "The catalyst poison blocks a catalyst's active site and so prevents reactant molecules from being adsorbed onto the catalyst surface."

??

thanks so much!

ReputationRep:
    Is that the paper ^^

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krisshP)
    QP:
    MS:

"The catalyst poison blocks a catalyst's active site and so prevents reactant molecules from being adsorbed onto the catalyst surface."

??

thanks so much!
    Nope, you'll get nothing for saying active site thats biology tbh. Marks will be for - So you'll get 1 maybe 2/2

-Poisen coats catalysts surface
    - Preventing reactants from adsorbing onto catalysts surface
    - Therefore catalyst cant get involved in the reaction

ReputationRep:
    QP:
    MS:

??

thanks so much!
    I don't think active sites are involved .. I put binds more strongly than reactant molecules , coats surface , reactants can't adsorb

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Predicted grade boundaries 48/50 = A

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    what were the bond angles for A and B ? I put 120 for both, thinking they both had 3 areas of electron density - but did the one w/o the double bond have a lone pair and therefore 109?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tikara)
    what were the bond angles for A and B ? I put 120 for both, thinking they both had 3 areas of electron density - but did the one w/o the double bond have a lone pair and therefore 109?
    I put 120 for first one and got the second one wrong , but because it was skeletal there was another hydrogen bond so it turned out to be tetrahedral

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nope, you'll get nothing for saying active site thats biology tbh. Marks will be for - So you'll get 1 maybe 2/2

yeah, but isn't that a bit too picky??

thanks anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CameronLee)
    It will be moles to calculate enthalpy change

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Bra look in the cgp for your answer. Im correct.

(Original post by Tikara)
    Nope second one is 109 because theres also a hydrogen bond around the carbon atom, its skeletal so you cant see it on the diagram

ReputationRep:
    yeah, but isn't that a bit too picky??

thanks anyway
    Yes probably, but you wont get anything for active site. Ms answer will probably be.

-Coats surface -prevents adsorption

ReputationRep:
    what about catalyst adsorbed on surface too stongly, prevents catalysis

ReputationRep:
    Yes probably, but you wont get anything for active site. Ms answer will probably be.

-Coats surface -prevents adsorption
    thanks! good luck to you

I got my mock tommorow of F331 so I probably will be doing the same paper as you.

ReputationRep:
    Neither will get the marks. look in the cgp, has to be difference between start and end mass of the fuel.
    Yeah so you need to know the mass of the fuel.

ReputationRep:
    Bra look in the cgp for your answer. Im correct.

Nope second one is 109 because theres also a hydrogen bond around the carbon atom, its skeletal so you cant see it on the diagram
    daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarn it!! little things like this are gonna mess my mark up -completely forgot it was skeletal

ReputationRep:

Active sites have been in F331 mark scheme before- pretty sure he will get the mark for it. All catalysts have active sites but yep your three points would be better lol

Okay legit grade boundaries for this paper? Doubt 48/50 will be an A but I do think they'll be high.

ReputationRep:
    the mark scheme are so annoying and picky!!!!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.