The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dirtybit
Which module have you done colour changes in before? :confused:

I think it was chem 2 with the halide ions.
Reply 161
Original post by Dirtybit
You do need to know about silver

Where's this?
Reply 162
Original post by sikhtank27
doing past papers for this unit WTF!!!...is it best just to keep doing past papers to get that A?

I'm doing past papers too. So hard :frown:
Reply 163
Original post by sikhtank27
Tell me about it, i've just done june 12 paper that was ok, but the jan 12 aqa is deadly lol :frown:...are you going to just do loads of past papers until you get them right? because thats my method atm lol

June 12 was horrible. Try the Jan/June 11 ones they're not too bad. Well they're still hard but they're better than the 2012 ones. Yeh kinda but I'm resitting so that's all I will be doing now cause I've learnt all the course content.
Original post by Vip3rgt9
I think it was chem 2 with the halide ions.

Oh right fair enough, i thought you meant of transition metals...

Original post by popnit
Where's this?

In the specification and my teacher gave me a past exam question with silver i think
I haven't even started on the past papers yet. In fact we haven't even finished the specification yet.
Original post by Vip3rgt9
I haven't even started on the past papers yet. In fact we haven't even finished the specification yet.

Me neither, no where near :redface:
Reply 167
am the only person who finds this unit ridiculously easy? much easier than unit 4 imo, literally nothing to learn.
Original post by popnit
June 12 was horrible. Try the Jan/June 11 ones they're not too bad. Well they're still hard but they're better than the 2012 ones. Yeh kinda but I'm resitting so that's all I will be doing now cause I've learnt all the course content.

Thank God I'm not the only one who found June 12 a nightmare... so stressy for this paper :L
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
Yes definitely, will be on this in Feb :smile: The date of the exam is 19th of June so change the thread title if you can or lets just make a new one to be accurate xD

Umm I didn't realise there was already a thread for Chem 5 when I made this one... it has the date of the exam on it

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2283222&page=11&p=42158368#post42158368

So now we have two threads :L
Reply 170
Original post by Sherlockedd
Thank God I'm not the only one who found June 12 a nightmare... so stressy for this paper :L

No you're definitely not. 2000 people complained to AQA last year about that paper. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2162444/Students-furious-exam-board-putting-impossible-question-chemistry-paper.html
Original post by popnit
No you're definitely not. 2000 people complained to AQA last year about that paper. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2162444/Students-furious-exam-board-putting-impossible-question-chemistry-paper.html

Yeah I remember reading about that actually. And thankfully I worked out the correct ratio for that question but it was a nasty paper

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 172
Yeah I remember reading about that actually. And thankfully I worked out the correct ratio for that question but it was a nasty paper

Posted from TSR Mobile

Indeed! Have you finished the course in class?
Original post by popnit
Indeed! Have you finished the course in class?

Yeah pretty much just got some colorimetry (however you spell that) to do. How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do any of you guys do the questions on the a level chemistry website. The site has subsection questions for each topic/ unit?
Reply 175
Original post by solidsnake1234
Do any of you guys do the questions on the a level chemistry website. The site has subsection questions for each topic/ unit?

I do (for Chem4)
Original post by solidsnake1234

yeah
Reply 177
Yeah pretty much just got some colorimetry (however you spell that) to do. How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

We're doin chem 4 in class :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Who else thinks June 2012 chem 5 paper is the hardest one out off all of them!
Original post by popnit
We're doin chem 4 in class :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohhh sorry :L I LOVED CHEM 4 OMG I MISS IT SO MUCH :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending