The Student Room Group
Craiglockhart Campus
Edinburgh Napier University

Napier Vet Nursing

Scroll to see replies

reactivating this thread, hi everyone, just wanted to know, ive just recieved an offer for the BSc veterinary nursing course starting september 2016, but on my offer they've asked for "2 weeks£ work experience". has anyone else seen this on an offer or am i just special?
Craiglockhart Campus
Edinburgh Napier University
Reply 101
Hey I'm still to have my interview so nervous! I think that's normal though, have you had any work experience at all so far?
Yeah, I've got 22 days in a vet practice, but I'm just worried if it needs to be paid experience, how am I meant to get paid experience in a practice if I don't have a veterinary qualification?? Good luck with your interview by the way, when is it??
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 103
Original post by tical19xx
Yeah, I've got 22 hrs in a vet practice, but I'm just worried if it needs to be paid experience, how am I meant to get paid experience in a practice if I don't have a veterinary qualification?? Good luck with your interview by the way, when is it??

I think it'll just be unpaid experience like the one you've done before! I have around 50-60 hours so I'm nervous... Thank you, it's tomorrow! How did yours go?
Original post by msa0
I think it'll just be unpaid experience like the one you've done before! I have around 50-60 hours so I'm nervous... Thank you, it's tomorrow! How did yours go?

Ive emailed the undergrad department just incase... it was really good, honestly theres no need to be nervous, the interview is more like a chat than anything. The lecturers are really nice and the students are very helpfull aswell, and the views from the upper floors of the sighthill campus are amazing
Reply 105
Ive emailed the undergrad department just incase... it was really good, honestly theres no need to be nervous, the interview is more like a chat than anything. The lecturers are really nice and the students are very helpfull aswell, and the views from the upper floors of the sighthill campus are amazing

Yeah that's a good idea, cause I might be wrong. Good luck on getting your experience!! Aw that has made me feel better haha it sounds stressful though with the written exercises etc
The written assessment is quite short, I probably shouldn't say anymore than that...😜 and the animal handling is amazing, aslong as you don't have any Major phobias, but just do everything they tell you to. I have the 2 weeks, (I meant 22days in my earlier post, not 22hrs) so I just wanted to make sure that I won't need anything else, if it is a typo then great, if not then i don't know what to do:dontknow:
Original post by msa0
Yeah that's a good idea, cause I might be wrong. Good luck on getting your experience!! Aw that has made me feel better haha it sounds stressful though with the written exercises etc

Update; it was just a typo, the work experience doesnt have to be paid, hopefully noone else had the same issue. how did your interview go?
Reply 108
Update; it was just a typo, the work experience doesnt have to be paid, hopefully noone else had the same issue. how did your interview go?

Aw I am glad then, hope you get it! It went okay but I never got to finish my written exercise part which I'm extremely stressing about 😭
How long did you have to wait after your interview to hear back from them? I had my interview on the 18th of March
Reply 110
Original post by Charlotte B
How long did you have to wait after your interview to hear back from them? I had my interview on the 18th of March

I had mine on that day too, still not heard back, have you?
Original post by Charlotte B

I had my interview on the 7th of March and got an offer on the16th

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by msa0
I had mine on that day too, still not heard back, have you?

No I haven't heard back yet? Have you?
I had my interview on the 7th of March and got an offer on the16th

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im still waiting to hear back 😕 Hopefully it won't be much longer!
Hi I know this is a little random for this thread but does anyone know how long you get off in holidays? Just because another uni I've applied to you only get 4 weeks and I want time to work and earn money, any reply would be really appreciated!!

Quick Reply

Latest