The Student Room Group

What is your current and all time favourite game?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Probably Super Smash Bros. (either melee or brawl)
Reply 261
Mario Party 4.
Rome total war :smile:
Reply 263
mass effect trilogy. I still am amazed i actually shed tears during the play through of the 3 games.. still the only game to genuinely hook me emotionally via storyline.
prince of persia the sands of time, the most amazing game ever. It really lets you get into the characters, and the story and visuals are absolutely amazing for a game of its time.

God of war is also a strong runner up, every single God of war game has been amazing without losing any quality in between sequels which is pretty rare for a game!
So many life changing games...I'd say overall Rome:Total War. It was a random buy as well, completely changed the course of my life. Sounds a bit dramatic but it's true.
Reply 267
well dont think it did much good.. your head got chopped off
Reply 268
Before The Last Of Us, I was always convinced that The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time was my all time favourite. The latter is still one of my favourites as far as classics go, but TLOU has definitely left an impression.
Reply 269
Original post by mokporo
Before The Last Of Us, I was always convinced that The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time was my all time favourite. The latter is still one of my favourites as far as classics go, but TLOU has definitely left an impression.

The Last of us is definately up there. Apart from The Walking Dead (Telltale Games Point adventure) , nothing beats The Last Of US in terms of its emotional power . Unless you count Heavy Rain also.
Reply 270
Link's Awakenining

EDIT: Or Super Mario Bros 3
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 271
I love playing Fallout 3 and Skyrim now. Hadn't played a proper RPG until I picked up fallout a couple of years ago and I loved it. Still play it now and the modding communities are great for both games.

All time I'd have to say Gran Turismo 4. So many hours on that game and oh so worth it.
PC - Championship Manager 2002/2003
PS3 - Gran Turismo 5
PS2 - too many to pick tbh, maybe Vice City
PS1 - Spyro the Dragon (original one rocked when I was a kid :tongue:)
X360 - Gears of War
DS - Pokemon Black
GBC - Pokemon Blue
Wii - Wii Sports
Current: Assassins Creed : Relevations
All time favourite: Prince of Persia : the Sands of time
Reply 274
Current: Battlefield 3
All time: Runescape

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 275
For me, it has to be divided into categories and a few winners picked.

Zelda: Ocarina of Time on the N64 was one of the best games I've ever played - to this day - in terms of overall story, writing, puzzling, the world it immersed you into, the steadily improving boss battles etc. Just an all round fantastic and immersive gaming experience with very few flaws.

Kung Fu Chaos on Xbox may not have been the all time greatest game, but the sheer number of hours I clocked up playing on multiplayer with friends justify it as quite possibly the most enjoyable multiplayer experience in any game that I've ever played. Very, very, addictive. Easily my favourite beat 'em up.

GTA: Vice City probably remains my highest game time on any game. The possibilities in replaying the game in the sandbox world meant I was just never bored, even if it was going on rampages three years later.

Halo (1 and 2) is another game that was just absolutely sublime in terms of adversaries, universe, graphics, game play and - for me at least - the introduction of a genuinely enjoyable co-operative play. Legendary on the Library, slogging away to complete the level for three/four hours, remained fun throughout in a way that few games do after even a quarter of that time on a single play through.

Honourable mention must go to Battlefield (Bad Company 1,2 and BF3) due to the sheer number of hours I spent on - and enjoyment I got from - online multiplayer; throughout gaming in halls at the very beginning of the PS3's lifespan to still hammering BF3 now just as BF4's been launched. The more I consider this, the more I think I should go out and buy BF4 at the earliest possible opportunity.

I'm not sure how I managed to forget it, but Pokemon (Yellow and Silver specifically) has to be included. I started with the franchise on Yellow (I was a kid on holiday in Spain and it had just been launched, which is where I bought it) and just loved absolutely everything about it as a kid at that age. Also racked up a hell of a lot of time completing, restarting, training and completing Silver.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 276
at the moment it is Sonic.
Current: Dota 2
All time: Call of Duty 2

Honorable mentions to Medal of Honor: Allied Assault (damn that theme tune gets me reminiscing), World of Warcraft, Call of Duty 4 and Team Fortress 2
All time favourites:
Sonic Chaso, Yuris Revenge, Fallout 3
Current:
Future Cop: LAPD, Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars.
Red Dead Redemption is the finest game I have ever played, with The Last of Us coming in at second place. If you'd asked me a few years ago, before I played these, then I would have said Street Fighter 2 on the SNES or Shenmue on the Dreamcast.

Quick Reply

Latest